Are you a "firebug?"

@tmlnmr (1850)
I love fire, I really like poking a camp fire and just playing with it. I kinda fade into another "zone" when I am around a camp fire, I can ignore everything around me. It is like I am dreaming or something but I am not actually thinking of anything or dreaming of anything. It has a calming effect on me. A serenity of sorts. We have a tv station that is just a fireplace(with fire in it) and I will do the same thing with that just go into my own little world. LOL What about you? Are you a fire bug?
@totty1969 (1473)
I'm not a firebug, but I have a friend who will show up. He always asks if we are going to have a bonfire. I'll tell him sure, he goes out to the yard, builds a great big fire, talks for a couple minutes then he leaves. So I always get stuck watching a fire. A lot of times as soon as he leaves I will just put it out. But every time he comes over this happens.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Hahaha you better tell him next time that if he builds it he has to stay with it! Thanks for the comment.
@AndriaToh (1268)
I used to have a fear of fire when I was younger, even controlled ones. Now I am the exact opposite. Fire doesn't calm me, but I am still (overly) fascinated by it. There was once I slipped up while doing an oxygen test in chemistry class, and the whole flask burst into flames. Afterwards I watched the camera phone footage my friends had taken as many times as they would allow, saying I was so proud of it. XD
@tmlnmr (1850)
LOL Ok fire and oxygen not a good mix. I bet that scared ya a bit! LOL Thanks for the comment.
@chertsy (3804)
Glad to say I'm not, but growing up my oldest brother loved to play with fire. He didn't do things on purpose. Once he took my dads old metal gas can and dropped a match inside to see what would happen. Lets just say I never seen anything in life except on tv, go that high, lol. When it came back down, it exploded and set the wood side on fire. Luckily someone saw it and called the fire department. He set my dad's hen house on fire, because he honestly thought it would be easier to clean it out that way, lol.
@tmlnmr (1850)
ok I can understand where you are coming from! LOL That just is one example of not respecting fire. I mean you gotta use your head a little around fire for it to be fun and calming. Oh well it is good that it all worked out. Thanks for the comment.
@makingpots (11920)
I love fire too. I can sit and watch it for hours and hours. A lot of people who do pottery (like myself) are basic pyromaniacs... you really gain an appreciation for how fire can really change the character of things. Raku pottery is great for people like us. Until a piece of clay is added to the fire (at high heat for a long time) it remains just a lump of clay.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Yes I have always had an interest in pottery making but never had the talent for it. LOL. Fire is amazing. Thanks for the comment.
@lamiaa (581)
• Egypt
i am afraid from the fire , i can imagine bad things when i see it , so i wonder , some time we didn't see things with the same view !
@tmlnmr (1850)
Well lamiaa, I would be worried if we did agree on everything. LOL. You don't need to fear fire you need to respect it. Yes alot of bad things can happen with fire but if you take the necessary precautions then you are ok. Thanks for the comment.
@xfahctor (14126)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
OH OH OH, ME ME ME!!!! I love a camp fire. At my apartment complex, I have a small side lawn. And on it i dug a small fire pit. I went just last week and got my fire permit and Ive had a couple fires already. theres just something about a camp fire isn't there? Ill sit out with my kids after they go to bed with my friends. Sometimes we break out the guitars, pass a little bottle or fat juicy j around. Sometimes I'll just sit up by mysefl till 2 ro 3 in the morning, just lost in the flames and the quiet. When I get up in the morning, the smell still lingers on me too.
@tmlnmr (1850)
LOL There is just something about them. Just can't resist the flame! Thanks for the comment.
@maryannemax (12170)
• Sweden
i had been only to camping twice. we did the campfire thing and it sure is amazing. the silence of the night and only the fire in the middle of all of you is the one giving you light. it makes us drift away from the chaotic world and bring us calmness. i sure wanna try it again one day.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Yes it is very calming. Fortunately, I can have a fire in my yard all the time. I love it. Thanks for the comment
Now, should I accept it as a compliment or you know what.....Anyways, thanks.
@tmlnmr (1850)
You should definitely accept that as a compliment! Most young adults around here do not respect anybody including themselves and it is really nice to talk to someone who does respect you. You are a good person!
I am pretty much younger to you and would not dare to make fun of you. My sincere regards to you.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Hey no pretty much about it you are definitely younger than I am. Thank you for the respect you show it is so refreshing nowadays coming from a young adult such as yourself.
Hey, that was a sincere compliment from me and nothing ironical about it.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Ha ha ha Well this is good!
Oh sure.. You are such a interesting person. You will be the first person to hear my experience about my campfire. But first, I've to arrange for a campfire at some place.
@tmlnmr (1850)
I am not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not! LOL I have always been told I was "unique"
Yeah, that's true. I have never been on a camp fire. But would love to after the description you have given about your experience about the camp fire. I usually go out of town for tournaments and its business all the time. I rarely go out for fun. So never thought of camp fire till now.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Hey Gotta have fun to! Can't be all business, no fun in that! LOL I am glad I could stir some new desires for you. Let me know what you think when you have your first campfire.
I like fire too. I haven't done a camp fire anytime. I do it all on my pc. I create videos with 3d fire and many more things like your name burning with fire etc...
@tmlnmr (1850)
That is so cool. You have never had a bonfire or campfire? You poor soul you have no idea what you are missing! Especially when you like fire. Too bad you live so far away I would say come on over and we can have a bonfire tonight. LOL
Just a bit--I think that if I were a little bit of a different person I would be a pyromaniac. I love fire and setting things on fire--in controled situations, like throwing things into the fireplace or campfire. I think I'd love to be a part of a show like Mythbusters, where they're always blowing things up.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Ha ha ha me to! Of course it has to be controlled. I would love to be part of that show to. It is one of my favs. Although they do some pretty crazy things at times. LOL
Well, I don't know about a fire bug, but there is something comforting about the open flame, isn't there? I don't like to poke around in it, but I do like to toast marshmallows in the flames..yum. We have the logs burning on a tv station after it goes off the air, it doesn't have the same effect as a real fire for me. I would imagine a real fireplace might do the same as a campfire.
@tmlnmr (1850)
Yes I so agree it is very comforting. I like to make the flame go higher and higher. I love throeing stuff on it to. LOL.