car shopping is hard!

@lpetges (3036)
wow we are trying to find a reasonably priced car that is safe and affordable for our son, and its very difficult. i cant believe all the crap these salesman put you through! oh, just a minute and i'll go ask the manager, then you wait, and wait, and then they come back with the wrong answer, and you do it over and over. i decided not to ever be one of those salesman.
@jbrowsin66 (1322)
Yes, I know what you mean. It's like the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain they keep running to. It's a psychological ploy so you can't argue with the (good-for-nothing) salesman and makes you feel like there is no more negotiating since he went to "Oz" and got the final answer.
@KrisNY (7591)
: ( Well I used to agree with you- but I found a dealership that is wonderful to work with- Simmons and Rockwell in Bath, NY- I'm not sure if all Simmons are this good- They put the lowest price on the window-- no dickering around with the price- I've bought both of my vehicles there- not new- but almost new with warranty still on them- I told them what I wanted- what I wanted to pay and they found the cars- I dealt with many other jerk salesmen prior to this- they are pushy, crazy, and just not great people- I would never do this either!
I know! We've been trying to shop for a reliable secondhand car for awhile now but it's really hard. If you're getting a used car, make sure to check the VIN number against Carfax to get a history of the car and also to get it checked out by an independent mechanic if you can. You can also get reviews from independent owners of various vehicles online. That will give you a better idea of what to get. But it's still a really tough choice. Good luck! We've yet to find our vehicle yet either.