The weather is getting weird around here again!

@Katlady2 (9920)
I live in northern California, and for the last few weeks we have been having very warm weather, up in the 90s. I've been using the air conditioner every day. So I wake up today, and it is gloomy, windy, and cold! Ok, so that's no big deal. Then the newscasters say that several miles north of me, there are severe thunder storms going on and lots of rain. The storms have just now made it to where I am, and boy is it LOUD! So far there have only been spits and spats of rain. Then, on the tv, an emergency warning came across the screen saying that there is a severe TORNADO warning in the area where my hubby works, about 30 minutes away! Now, what I want to know is, who ticked God off this time? If anyone knows, please tell them to cut it out...I hate thunderstorms!
I thought it was us Brits that were supposed to talk about the weather all of the time. Our isn't as dramatic as your sounds just unpredictable. It starts off the day really sunny but you still need to take an umbrella to work as you never know what it will be like by hometime. We only get our warm weather about a day at a time - blink and you miss it. Still we don't get much snow in winter either. Makes me wonder why we talk about it sounds quite bland to me.
@Katlady2 (9920)
LOL That's what our winters are like, at least down in the valley where I'm at. Now in the mountains, it's another story. But I think I'd rather stay right where I am.
@sodapop (977)
Not me...but us here in Illinois are used to tornado warnings. We have at least half a dozen a year around us. Last year it hit us. Now give us a earthquake, we think the world is coming to an end. We all freak out for about a week...LOL...waiting for that after ones....We have good weather now...just cold. Tonight's low is 52 degrees, but tomorrow's high is 85.
@Katlady2 (9920)
LOL. I'm the opposite. I'll take our earthquakes any day over a tornado. I know, I know, at least you can escape tornadoes sometimes, but not earthquakes. And California is supposed to fall off into the ocean because of earthquakes, eventually. But that's a risk I'm willing to take. Well, the storm finally passed here, but it's still pretty chilly out. I just had to bundle up to go up to the store. LOL
@sodapop (977)
Did you remember to get me ice cream? Strawberries and shortcakes? I hope so!
@Katlady2 (9920)
Darn it all! I KNEW I forgot something! (Forgot my chocolate too...so now we're both growling! LOL)
@gabs8513 (48710)
Well the weather here can't make up its mind either I have to say one Day it is so warm and the next it is very cold again Now lucky we have not had any Thunderstorms as like you I hate them and I am scared of them
@Katlady2 (9920)
It's sunny now, but it's still chilly outside, and looking around the edges of the valley, there are thunderclouds all around. Just as long as they aren't over my head. LOL
@pyewacket (44032)
While I live in NY there were tornado watches in Connecticut---and severe wind warnings here as well...Mmm..thank goodness I'm not scared of any kind of storms though...but my poor Kissy is terrified at a simple rainstorm..the first splatter of rain and she ducks under my bed...
@Katlady2 (9920)
Oh, the poor little thing. My inside kitties are looking outside like "whatever". Midnight jumps a little when the thunder wakes him up, but that's about it. And all of the thundering is STILL going on right now!
@brendalee (6083)
I hate thunderstorms too. And I can relate to the weird weather. here in New York it has been really hot with temps around 90. That is unusual for this time of year. So today its cloudy and windy too. The temp is only about 50 and its expected to drop down maybe below 40. Crazy weather. I hope your hubby is safe and you too.
@Katlady2 (9920)
Thankfully, hubby just walked in the door, so now I can breathe a little bit better. Now if the stupid lightning and thunder would let up, I could breathe even better. LOL