Do you think when the price of gas rises; is a blessing in disguise?

@ArienKing (4647)
Maybe if it gets expensive enough, people will seriously start looking into other forms of energy. It also probably helps reduce pollution because people are taking notice of how much they drive and what their mileage is.
@ljcapps (1925)
I personally hate the rise in gasoline prices but it IS a blessing in disguise as you have stated. Once people get tired of buying overly expensive gasoline maybe there will be more people willing to look at alternate energy sources. I believe it is Chile that has gone completely independent of gasoline in automobiles, they use a sugar cane fuel and seem to get by with no problems. If more people would realize that there is less cost in refining ethanol than petroleum, hence making it cheaper to produce, the planet would start to heal itself from the destruction we have wrought upon it. Another point to bring up is the renewability (if that is a word) of ethanol, ethanol can be made from any plant matter so logically there would be more people growing more plants again assisting with the healing of the planet. Alternate fuels to me seems like a win-win situation.
@ArienKing (4647)
yeah...alternate fuels is the demand of the present...we need to have some good renewable source of fuel and other form of energy in order to fulfill the present day demand ...if chile can do...all world can do...thanks for sharing info about chile...i was unaware that there's something like this as well...i will look for more info regarding this, thanks for replying
@ljcapps (1925)
I am interested in alternate fuels as well, (that should be obvious) here in the united states there are people looking into the production of corn for making ethanol. It has something to do with the hardiness of the plant and the ability for it to grow just about anywhere that has made it an exemplary candidate for ethanol production.
@jennybianca (12912)
We have had huge rises in petrol, & I don't think it has made people here look at other forms of energy. Some people, including my family, did consider converting our car to gas, which is much cheaper, but the actual conversion is very expensive. I guess some people are looking more at using public transport. The problem here is that we have huge distances, and our public transport system is really not that efficient.