Need help finding affordable pet medicine

Pet medicine is so expensive in our area. So, I can rarely afford to buy any, even when my cats are in desperate situations. Does anyone know where I can find cheap pet medicines online?
@sedel1027 (17851)
What kind of medicine are you looking for? Most things over the counter can be found at Petsmart (cheaper than Petco) and Wal-mart. I saw one of your tags has pet health insurance. You may want to look into that. We did for our cats and decided it wasn't worth what we would get back. You pay a monthly premium and then when you take your cats to the vet you still have to pay in full, then are reimbursed by the company. There is a credit card you can get to charge vet visits to. It is interest free for at least 3 months (the more you charge on it the longer the no interest period is). Great deal if you have anything major happen to your pets.
I have never had any issues yet. I did receive some meds for cats from a nice woman. She was on freecycle.com when I needed cat supplies and food. it would never hurt to ask there. So many people are willing to help others in need.