It's summer sale time. Time to haul out the old and bring in the OTHER old.

yard sale signs - No matter what you call them, household summer sales are part of society, and they are a lot of fun.
@kbkbooks (7028)
Whether you call them Yard Sales, Garage Sales, Tag Sales, or something else, they are a sure sign that summer has really arrived. I love browsing through the books and records even though I never buy anything there. Once in a while I find that dream kitchen gadget I've always wanted to try but didn't want to pay 19.95 plus shipping and handling. I have found true bargains on clothing and shoes. What do you like best about yard, garage, tag sales?My theory is that those of us who buy somehing we don't like this year can always sell it next year!
@KrisNY (7591)
I agree totally here- I will buy something on impulse- and think when I get home why oh why?? Lol it goes right into my yard sale box- We have a yard sale each year over Labor day weekend- Our town has hot air balloons and a big celebration so we get lots of out of towners stopping at the sale. I love to go to yard sales- I look for books usually- I read all the time- and I can’t see paying $5 for a book I can get for a quarter- I’m only going to read it once and throw it in the yard sale pile! Happy yard saleing- everyone!
@kbkbooks (7028)
Our big garage sale day where I live is on our annual town holiday...Friendship Day. Unfortunately, if you don't live right in the center of the village, your sale won't get too many visitors on that day. But for the majority of people around the middle of town, it works out well. The village is a busy place with locals and visitors enjoying the "holiday" which involves food, parade, sidewalk sales, games for kids, etc.
@kbkbooks (7028)
I call them sales of stuff I never know I must have. I went to a big one last Saturday and sure enough found a bunch of stuff that I must have. Of course most of them will end up in another garage sale. Although I did get an almost brand new blender for $5.00. That I am keeping as I burned the motor out of the one I had and had forgotten I needed one!!!
@kbkbooks (7028)
I have bought plenty of things I ended up using once and throwing them away. But hey, for a dollar or two...
@KissThis (3006)
I love to go to garage sales. it is the one thing I look forward to each year. I usually look for clothes and toys for my children. A few weeks ago I was able to purchase a toy that my children had asked me for during the Holiday season. They wanted a toy pony that cost almost two hundred dollars. I was able to purchase it at a yard sale for ten dollars. They mother lowered the price just because she wanted rid of it. I have never had a yard sale of my own but maybe I will some day.
@kbkbooks (7028)
I remember that horse, I think. Is it that one that comes unassembled with the head off so they don't recommend you let your kids see it ahead of time, to avoid trauma? Wow, you did well on the price.