Gentleman ... open door for Ladies???

@maehan (1444)
Hi guys, do you open door for your gf or any lady. E.g. car doors, Mall manual door etc. How about your female family members or female friends? Or, they open the door for you?
• Kottayam, India
We have to help them.
@maehan (1444)
short and sweet.
@omupas (1243)
I don't know if it was something I was taught or where the habit came from, but I always open doors, hold the door open, etc. for women. Not because I don't think they can do it for themselves or anything like that, but just out of pure courtesy. For my gf, I always walk to her side of the car and open the car door for her as well (well maybe not always, but most of the time anyway =) I don't even think it's just for ladies, sometimes if I see a family coming in somewhere behind me, I'll open the door and hold it open for them, again I'm not sure where I picked it up, but I've always been like that.
@maehan (1444)
That's gentleman, I find it is sweet and lovely. Thank you for the response. In my family, only one of my brother is doing that.
@lamiaa (581)
• Egypt
thank GOD , some of them still do :)
Most of the time. Depends on my mood.
My husband is able to move faster than I am, so he usually gets to the door first to open it. If I happen to jump out of the car before he comes around to get the door, it's because I'm so used to getting in and out of taxis. LOL If I get to a door before he does, I'll hold it. I think it's human to human, not necessarily something someone should have to do because of their gender.