do self medicate or consult your doctor before taking anything?

@Zelmarq (12292)
Cebu City, Philippines
I play doctor to myself, I often buy medicines and stock them at home and when I feel a little head ache soemtimes i immediately drinkit to take away the pain that I am feeling. When im in the mood I try water therapy first and when its to too much then thats the time I play doctor and just what ever I have at home. Then this article from a magazine said that its not really good to self mdicate for if you are not taking the right medicines it could harm us and the residue could affect our intestine and cause majorcomplications. How about you mylotters do you self medicate?
@samson1967 (7422)
Taking alopathic medicines on our own is dangerous sometimes. Infact, there is a cure for every sickness in the food we eat. Whoever knows to speak will not have fight, whoever knows to eat will not have decease. I take herbs and foods to cure the common deceases.
@Zelmarq (12292)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, i know my friend, but sometimes I just cant helpit, I take a few tablets for a simple head ache.
It is ok if we take tablets on our own for common colds, headaches and body pain. For simple ailments no one/very few goes to the doctors.
@mschiqui (1284)
me, i dont drink medicine right away if i felt any headaches or stomachaches, i just drink water and sometimes i just ignore the pain...mind over matter that what i do..
@Zelmarq (12292)
• Cebu City, Philippines
That is also what I do.
@Celanith (2334)
for simple things like, cold, flu and small things, I use natural herbs and teas. Sometimes Tylenol or something. But if not better after 3-4 days and or worse I see a doctor to find out if there is something else worse going on.
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Well, you got to do what you can to take the pain away if you are able to without a doctor. Only little illness I take care of myself and anything big, I go to the doctor.
@Zelmarq (12292)
• Cebu City, Philippines
thats good, to make sure what we really take is something that wont do us any harm.