June 20, 2007 3:09pm CST
When I try to melt chocolate all the time it goes wrong. I have put glass bowl over a pan of water the pen is smaller than the glass bowl and put in the chocolate and melted it on a low heat but as it's near all melted it's stars to go lumpy then thicker until I can hardly move the spoon . . . How I have to do it please help me
• United States
20 Jun 07
You are either using too low heat or too high heat. Turn the heat up or down until it works better. I often do use the microwave, just put the chocolate in there for 20 seconds or so, then 10 seconds at a time until melted. I have also just melted chocolate right in the pan on low heat rather than using the bowl/water method, it works just fine as long as you make sure it doesn't get too hot and burns the chocolate. Avoid stirring too often as that can cause the chocolate to lump sometimes - and lastly, try using different types of chocolate. It may be easier to use chocolate chips or break larger chunks into smaller pieces with a knife. The darker the chocolate the easier it will lump up.