How long will you really know a person???

How does it take to get to know a person really well..days?months?years? Please comment in this =)
I think it really depends on the depth of relationship. Sometimes we get to know a person well enough in just a matter of days while there are some people that we could know well enough only after a longer period of time. I believe that no matter how we know a person, we will still keep on learning new things about him each and everyday.
it depends on the chemistry between two persons how much time do they need to reveal oneself in front of the other,it can take one month or may be one year or may be more,sometimes it happens that when we meet a new person it seems we know that person and sometimes in our own household dspite living along with persons after so many years we do not understand that person,so it all depends on the compatibality of two persons