Have you enjoyed any nice vacations with your dog?

@maximax8 (29462)
United Kingdom
I have two miniature poodles. What sort of dog or dogs do you have? Have you ever taken them on vacation? Was it enjoyable? Did you find getting to your destination with them easy? How did they get on in your chosen accommodation?
@Calais (10899)
I have taken my two Dobermans, but it was when we went camping on the beach. They absolutely loved it and it was fun having them there.
@maximax8 (29462)
Yes, camping by the beach with your dogs must have been fun. I took my dog Secret on a ferry over to lovely Sark, one of the Channel Islands. We camped there. Thanks for your response.
@ma_belle (1357)
I have taken my dog, a JRT/basenji mix, up to my boyfriend's vacation home in upstate NY. Its about an 8 hour drive up there. We like it because its all the way in the country, but the river. My dog probably loved it too because of the open yard and fresh air. We didn't have any problem traveling with her, she was well behaved in the car the whole time.
@maximax8 (29462)
It is great your dog did well on the 8 hour drive up to your boyfriend's vacation home. Secret my dog prefers long train journeys as he can get restless in the car. Thanks for your response.