Do you apologize even if you dont believe its your fault?

Everytime I get in a fight with my parents or friends, I tend to apologize first, even if i dont believe i did anything wrong just to avoid conflict. Do you apologize even when you feel you did nothing wrong? Or do you just wait for the other person to apologize first, no matter how long that takes?
Honestly, I am the type of person who fights for whatever I think is right. If I believe that I am in the right position, I do not apologize. Not unless I know that I am wrong or have realized that I had been wrong. I am always tough about my principles. When I am right I am right and when Im wrong, that is only when I would apologize.
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hey, If Im wrong, off course, I wont hestitate to apologise, but then if Im right and did no harm, that they were at fault, then no I wouldnt apologise even if it meant keeping the peace...
@jazzygdc7 (285)
sometimes but i feel weird when i do that
@gabesmom (1246)
I am the type who would take the blame if things do not go as planned. I just apologize, usually to avoid petty arguments, even though I do not think it is my fault. Most situations are not worth prolonging. I think it would be better if I just say I'm sorry.
That depends usually on how much the topic matters to me. But I have been known to apologize for nothing. If I think I hurt someone's feelings or hit them with the car door or I just think they are upset I have apologized and they say but you did nothing wrong, and usually I say I am sorry again. O_o it really is a habit I am trying to break. But if they think I did something I didn't do, or I meant to do something and they get upset about it then I don't apologize, and I don't make them apologize. I just don't see the point.