MSG - Were you aware of the dangers? what do you think about this?

MSG - Slowly Poisoning America Author Unknown 5-1-4 I wondered if there could be an actual chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic, so did a friend of mine, John Erb. He was a research assistant at the University of Waterloo, and spent years working for the government. He made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book he was writing called The Slow Poisoning of America. In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese mice and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies. No strain of rat or mice is naturally obese, so the scientists have to create them. They make these morbidly obese creatures by injecting them with a chemical when they are first bo rn. The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates, causing rats (and humans?) to become obese They even have a title for the race of fat rodents they create: "MSG-Treated Rats" . MSG? I was shocked too. I went to my kitchen, checking the cupboards and the fridge. MSG was in everything! The Campbell's soups, the Hostess Doritos, the Lays flavored potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, Kraft salad dressings, especially the 'healthy low fat' ones. The items that didn't have MSG had something called Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, which is just another name for Monosodium Glutamate. It was shocking to see just how many of the foods we feed our children everyday are filled with this stuff. They hide MSG under many different names in order to fool those who catch on. But it didn't stop there. When our family went out to eat, we started asking at the restaurants what menu items had MSG. Many employees, even the managers, swore they didn't use MSG. But when we ask for the ingredient list, which they grudgingly provided, sure enough MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein were everywhere. Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, every restaurant, even the sit down ones like TGIF, Chilis', Applebees and Denny's use MSG in abundance. Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to be the WORST offender: MSG was in every chicken dish, salad dressing and gravy. No wonder I loved to eat that coating on the skin, their secret spice was MSG! So why is MSG in so may of the foods we eat? Is it a preservative or a vitamin? Not according to my friend John. In the book he wrote, an expose of the food additive industry called The Slow Poisoning of America, (www.spofamerica.com ), he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on the human body. Even th e propaganda website sponsored by the food manufacturers lobby group supporting MSG at http://www.msgfacts.com/facts/ msgfact12.html explains that the reason they add it to food is to make people eat more. A study of elderly people showed that people eat more of the foods that it is added to. The Glutamate Association lobby group says eating more benefits the elderly, but what does it do to the rest of us? 'Betcha can't eat just one', takes on a whole new meaning where MSG is concerned! And we wonder why the nation is overweight? The MSG manufacturers themselves admit that it addicts people to their products. It makes people choose their product over others, and makes people eat more of it than they would if MSG wasn't added. Not only is MSG scientifically proven to cause obesity, it is an addictive substance: NICOTINE for FOOD! Since its introduction into the American food supply fifty years ago, MSG has b een added in larger and larger doses to the prepackaged meals, soups, snacks and fast foods we are tempted to eat everyday. The FDA has set no limits on how much of it can be added to food. They claim it's safe to eat in any amount. How can they claim it is safe when there are hundreds of scientific studies with titles like these? The monosodium glutamate (MSG) obese rat as a model for the study of exercise in obesity. Gobatto CA, Mello MA, Souza CT, Ribeiro IA. Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol. 2002 Adrenalectomy abolishes the food-induced hypothalamic serotonin release in both normal and monosodium glutamate-obese rats. Guimaraes RB, Telles MM, Coelho VB, Mori RC, Nascimento CM, Ribeiro Brain Res Bull. 2002 Aug Obesity induced by neonatal monosodium glutamate treatment in spontaneously hypertensive rats: an animal model of multiple risk factors. Iwase M, Yamamoto M, Iino K, Ichikawa K, Shinohara N, Yoshinari Fujis hima Hypertens Res. 1998 Mar Hypothalamic lesion induced by injection of monosodium glutamate in suckling period and subsequent development of obesity. Tanaka K, Shimada M, Nakao K, Kusunoki Exp Neurol. 1978 Oct Yes, that last study was not a typo, it WAS written in 1978. Both the medical research community and food "manufaturers" have known MSG's side effects for decades! Many more studies mentioned in John Erb's book link MSG to Diabetes, Migraines and headaches, Autism, ADHD and even Alzheimer's. But what can we do to stop the food manufactures from dumping fattening and addictive MSG into our food supply and causing the obesity epidemic we now see? Even as you read this, George W. Bush and his corporate supporters are pushing a Bill through Congress. Called the "Personal Responsibility in Food Consumption Act" also known as the "Cheeseburger Bill", this sweeping law bans anyone from suin g food manufacturers, sellers and distributors. Even if it comes out that they purposely added an addictive chemical to their foods. Read about it for yourself at: http://www.yahoo.com.http://story.news.yahoo.com/news? tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040311/ap_on_go_co/obesity_lawsuits_4 The Bill has already been rushed through the House of Representatives, and is due for the same rubber stamp at Senate level. It is important that Bush and his corporate supporters get it through before the media lets everyone know about MSG, the intentional Nicotine for food. Several months ago, John Erb took his book and his concerns to one of the highest government health officials in Canada. While sitting in the Government office, the official told him "Sure I know how bad MSG is, I wouldn't touch the stuff!" But this top level government official refused to tell the public what he knew. The big media doesn't want to tell the public eith er, fearing legal issues with their advertisers. It seems that the fallout on the fast food industry may hurt their profit margin. So what do we do? The food producers and restaurants have been addicting us to their products for years, and now we are paying the price for it. Our children should not be cursed with obesity caused by an addictive food additive. But what can I do about it? I'm just one voice, what can I do to stop the poisoning of our children, while guys like Bush are insuring financial protection for the industry that is poisoning us. I for one am doing something about it. I am sending this email out to everyone I know in an attempt to show you the truth that the corporate owned politicians and media won't tell you. The best way you can help save yourself and your children from this drug-induced epidemic, is to forward this email to everyone. With any luck, it will circle the globe before Bush can pass the Bill protecting those who poisoned us. The food industry learned a lot from the tobacco industry. Imagine if big tobacco had a bill like this in place before someone blew the whistle on Nicotine? Blow the whistle on MSG. If you are one of the few who can still believe that MSG is good for us, and you don't believe what John Erb has to say, see for yourself. Go to the National Library of Medicine, at www.pubmed.com http://www.pubmed.com . Type in the words "MSG Obese", and read a few of the 115 medical studies that appear. We do not want to be rats in one giant experiment, and we do not approve of food that makes us into a nation of obese, lethargic, addicted sheep, waiting for the slaughter. With your help we can put an end to this, and stop the Slow Poisoning of America. Let's save our children http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/FluoridePoisoning/ message/1908 Hidde n Sources Of MSG In Foods From the book 'Excitotoxins - The Taste That Kills' By Dr. Russell Blaylock, MD 3-6-3 What if someone were to tell you that a chemical (MSG) added to food could cause brain damage in your children, and that this chemical could effect how your children's nervous systems formed during development so that in later years they may have learning or emotional difficulties? What if there was scientific evidence that these chemicals could permanently damage a critical part of the brain known to control hormones so that later in life your child might have endocrine problems? How would you feel? Suppose evidence was presented to you strongly suggesting that the artificial sweetener in your diet soft drink may cause brain tumors to develop, and that the number of brain tumors reported since the introduction of this widespread introduction of this artificial sweetener has risen dramatically? Would that affect your decision to drink these products and especially to allow your children to drink them? What if you could be shown overwhelming evidence that one of the main ingredients in this sweetener (aspartate) could cause the same brain lesions as MSG? Would that affect your buying decisions? And finally, what if it could be demonstrated that all of these types of chemicals, called excitotoxins, could possibly aggravate or even precipitate many of today's epidemic neurodegenerative brain diseases such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, ALS, and Alzheimer's disease? Would you be concerned if you kn
@polachicago (19073)
I am aware of MSG for years, I am allergic to it. Swollen eye and migraine headache just to mane a few.... I always check labels before I buy anything... Be aware of soups and Chinese food...
I was not aware of being in this many foods. I have alergies and I have had some swelling and itching on my right hand...not a rash, and I too have had headaches, and now I am wondering about this. I also do eat chinese food often.....
@polachicago (19073)
Be careful with all canned food....
@TriciaW (2441)
Wow that just blows me away. There has to be a way to get the TVs to take notice of this. They do so many stories on things that are bad for us. I am sitting thinking oh my gosh how could this be happening and if I am thinking it I would think others from the government and the press would too. This is crazy and I had never heard this before. I mean if they are going to no trans fat why wouldn't they do that to this too? All I can say is wow.
I know its shocking....and I think its also ridiculous that this should even be in our foods..... Now, anyone who dosent know can go read more information....and see this for theirselves...
Good article. Yeah, I have known about MSG for a while now. Well, since I began listening to Dr. Stan Monteith on his radio show, http://www.radioliberty.com If you really want to be informed about what is going on in our own backyard, by our oh so lovely government, you MUST listen to Radio Liberty and Alex Jones. Tonight, on Coast to Coast, George Noory, will be talking to Randell Fitzgerald, http://www.hundredyearlie.com . He will be talking about the health emergency of mutations caused by synthetic chemicals and rise of toxins in personal care. Did you know that,and this may shock you, aborted fetus's are used in commercial baby lotions and shampoo's? But it does not stop there, this fetal tissue is also used in mainstream women's products like face cream, eye cream, lipsticks!! Randell will also be talking about poisions on the rise in our pets food supply. You see, the leaders we KEEP re electing, Dem or Repub, are only out for one thing, POWER AND CONTROL. They will stop at nothing to reduce our population which is called zero population control. They seem to think Planet Earth has reached it's carrying capacity. Can you believe this? As if God did not know, before creating this world, how many people it could hold... It is pure arogance, pure arogance....
Sorry that was to long to read but I didn't have to I already knew that is was ot good for you. Surely you did not type all that? If not you did not give a link where you copied it from and that is against the rules.
Most of the links quoted within the text do not work.
have you tried typing the links in? They were working before...If I have broken any rules I certainly apologise as it is not my intention. I would like to discuss this topic.
There are 4 links posted. 1st. Wesite declined to show (copyright infingrment??? perhaps) 2nd. Doesn't work. 3rd. Is a search site. 4th. Is Information on "Fluoride" ??
@sigma77 (5385)
This is incredible. I have no reason to doubt any of it. Thanks for posting this great article.
this may answer questions about the symtoms some of us have had with these alergies. I have to start watching this because I have alergies that can really make me sick.....
Thank you for sharing all this. I have always known that it is bad for you, and won't eat anything that has it in it. A lot of chemicals to alter foods are dangerous, even the sweetners.