to sell or not to sell?

I had this idea of opening up a shop on ebay. There is this thrift store that sells things for really cheap. They always have some really nice things in there. I was thinking that I could buy things from their store and sell it on ebay. This is a Christian run store. The proceeds help to run the city homeless shelter. In a way I would be helping them by buying a lot of their stuff but would it be wrong of me to resell it on ebay?
@venshida (4837)
If you can do it why not, I don't see anything wrong with it. Good luck
Not really. Alot of people do just that. Buy cheap and resell for a profit. Believe it or not, but that seems to be the way things work now a days. Good luck with your ebay!
I don't think it would be wrong to resell the things you buy from them. After all, you are paying them the price they are asking for the item; if you then turn around an find someone who is willing to pay more for the item, good for you. It's not like the person you sell it to would have paid more than you did if he had found the item at the thrift store first. If you end up turning a good profit from this, you could even give the store a donation at the end of the year if you want.
@Inky261 (2524)
I think it is a great idea and there is nothing wrong with it, I would not tell the store that you sell the things at ebay. they night do it then, too and you wouldn`t have things to sell. I would start small and work my way up. And I would only buy things I could use myself if they do not sell. This way you would not lose money. Basically it is a very neat idea to start a business.