Crocs - Love em, Hate em?

I think they are really ugly but am going to go buy a pair for my son. He refuses to wear socks and his shoes and feet stink constantly. Someone told me that Crocs are great because of the breath holes in them that your feet never stink.
@guss2000 (2233)
I see a lot of people wearing those, and some they look okay on. I really don't think I would ever wear them though. As for the foot odor, I'm not sure if they would make your feet stink or not. To me, even with the airholes I think your feet would still sweat since it's plastic? I dont know since I've never tried them though.
They are also antimicrobial, which means they fight they wouldn't absorb and grow bacteria like nomral shoes. I started to do more research on them...lol. They are made of some sort of resin too. I also though they were rubber.
@crazynurse (7489)
Add me to the list of those who think they are insanely ugly! I can tell by looking at them, and the large number of people who wear them, that they must be quite comfortable. Comfort is the bottom line when buying shoes, so that should be what guides the buyer. But, the crocs are just not for me. I have to wear a custom molded, hard insert in my shoes, so I can't wear a croc anyway! The physician told me that part of the reason for my need of inserts and the laxed tendon in my foot is the years of going barefoot and wearing shoes with no support!
I have feet problems and have had to have surgery on my foot. They said it may have been caused from wearing tight shoes. I see how no support can hurt your feet as well. I know I go barefoot too much during the summer. I don't think I could get myself to wear them either.
I only like the Mary Jane style crocs. I don't own any because, right now, I cannot justify spending that much money on shoes that I don't need. My son spent $5 that he got for his birthday on a fake pair of crocs. Now my daughter wants a pair but I cannot find fake ones in her size. My sister-in-law loves hers and she says her feet do not sweat in them.
I saw them at Wal-mart a while ago. We just saw them at the Stride Rite outlets but they were just as expensive as Crocs so we passed on them. They didn't have as many breathe holes either. Payless just recalled their fake Crocs. The straps in the back are breaking and kids gettin hurt.
I think they are cute on little kids. I don't think they look that great on adults though. But we were in the store the other day and I tried a pair on and they were very comfortable. I didn't buy them though cause they looked funny on my feet.
I think the same thing. I tried a paiur on before and though I looked like a clown or something. I went to the mall yesterday and was surprised at how many kids in the plytown had them.
@sunshine4 (8707)
I love them!! My daughter is 7 and she got a pair for Christmas. They are so easy. It's like, hurry and get your shoes on~ so she slips on the crocs. They are also very comfortable and I do believe that the holes in them let your feet breath so they don't get stinky.
I am glad someone posted on here about liking them. Slipping them on fast is a plus. And not arguing about wearing socks with shoes is a double plus :)
@Sushicook (691)
• Sweden
I've heard the same thing, they breath and are apparently very comfortable. I agree with you on the visual part though, but if it can help stinky feet it might be worth a shot.
I read that they are antimicrobial so I think that might be better then just the breathe holes. I hope they work.
@lilaclady (28236)
I don't like crocodiles but I think they should be left alone to live their lives as they have a right to do, I try and not wear leather at all, I prefer not to use any part of an animal for food or clothing.
LOL, I am sorry. Crocs are shoes that are really big in the US right now. I bet you wondered what buying him pets had anything to do with stinky feet.