Do you take protein & vitamin suuplements

@dbhattji (2507)
Do you take extra vitamins and protein supplements? I am pure vegetarian so I take vitamins that are not available from my diet.
@Kythe42 (1412)
I do take a multi-vitamin supplement. I take a liquid instead of a pill though. Pills don't really absorb into your body that well and liquid is much better. I feel a lot healthier taking the liquid vitamins than I ever did with pills. Let me know if you'd like more information.
@dbhattji (2507)
Well vitamins in any form are useful so it is just personal choice, i don't like the smell of the syrup so I take tablets that don't smell.
@Kythe42 (1412)
Well yes you will get some benefit from vitamins in pill form but just not as much as from liquid. Vitamins in pill form absorb into your system at a rate of about 5%-10%. The liquid multivitamin that I take is absorbs at a rate of about 98%. The multivitamin I take doesn't smell or taste bad at all. It's actually got a nice peach flavor to it.
hello dbhattji, i don't take any extra vitamins or protein supplements.whatever i get i get it from my diet only.i am not vegeterian.i also take fish egg and meat.but occasionally which is also very rare. my parents are doctors and they tell me to take those,especially my mom.not protein or vitamins but iron and minerals tablets.but i don't take them.they have such a disgusting smell.it nauseates me. but ya i do take health drinks as bournvita and horlicks.if you consider them to be the supplements,then i take them. but i prefer getting them vitamins and proteins naturally rather than artificially.
thanks dbhattji for the best response.
@navtech (1776)
Dear dbhattji, I take regularly vitamin tablets. I am also pure vegetarian. Of course, I take lot of vegetable curries of different varities. In our house they prepare morning one kind of curry and the night also one kind new curry. Inspite of that I used to take vitamin regurally.
@dbhattji (2507)
Yes, many do not realize that we do not get sufficient folic acid and vitamin B12 from fruits and vegetables alone. That's why many vegetarians are anemic.
@kprabhu (439)
yes of course i takes it daily.we need better health for better life.its possible not only taking foods and fruits daily.it must need to take some supplements.i am also vegetarian, but we have to take some steps to maintain the health.
hi dbhattji, i just take vitamins and i'm not a vegetarian :)i usually eat everything that smells good to my nose (lol)