PMS: Fact or Myth?

I already have my personal opinions and research and all, but I'm curious to know whether or not you all think premenstrual syndrome (and all of its wonderful symptoms) are physical issues or an excuse to "rant and rave"? And do you have anything to back it up?
I think there's definitely something there, I for one don't get cranky but I do get a lot of pain at times and crave a lot of salty food. Normally, I'm not a big fan of salt and prefer to have all my food without it. I can see where some women might use it as an excuse to rant at others or get their way, only to say "I had PMS" later...but for the most part, I think it's fairly real. I'm not an expert on this though, but I'm just going by how I feel when I'm going through it. I also feel lazy and am not really in the mood for much, not even myLot! Lol.
@urbandekay (18308)
As a man it is hard to know. I do know that both mean and women take advantage of things, exaggerating them and using them as an excuse. That's not to say they do in every case but it would be kind of odd if it never happened, don't you think? all the best urban
You're very correct in saying that it'd be a surprise if people didn't take advantage of what some might consider a free ticket to complain. But I think if you know someone really well, you'd know when they acted out of character. Take pregnancy for example. If a female you know quite well as a level-headed sweet person suddenly becomes weepy and temperamental, my first guess would be pregnancy or some other hormonal or chemical imbalance. But if she's snotty to begin with, it's plausible to believe she's using it as an excuse.
@urbandekay (18308)
yes, wise words. all the best urban
I have never had this problem myself. I do believe ti is true because of my daughter. She is the most caring and concerned person. She will do anything she can to help anyone even strangers. A week before mary comes to visit she scares me. I sometime feel we can't sleep in the same room together. She gets so evil and very moody. I had to go online to get some answers. It's no longer and issue for us at this time. I have my daughter lay down in the bed for as long as she can. She takes a shower gets in comfortable clothes. I will bring her a snack because she can barly even eat. She will just sleep and watch tv. It has helped her so much. The reason I have her do this is because I read in other countries. The woman have no house work or chores at this time. They lay in the besd and rest till this is over. It has helped me and it helps her.
its a fact. i have pms as long as i can remember. and it is not actually normal if you can really stand the pain. it could be a symptoms of a disorder
@Sushicook (691)
• Sweden
I think PMS is actually a physical issue. The hormones are raging, and that always causes mood swings. I do believe however that a lot of women (and maybe some men?) take advantage of that and blames normal rants and rage on PMS, when it's got nothing to do with it.