If you tip, do you add to the bill or leave it on the table?

@ArienKing (4647)
Do you prefer tipping in cash or add it to the cheque?
@stacyv81 (5904)
If I pay with cash, I leave it on the table, if I pay with a credit card, I add it on the bill.
@ArienKing (4647)
thanks...i like ur pic
@jennybianca (12913)
We don't tip in Australia, not at all. It is not part of our culture & we don't believe in it. Our wages are considered adequate, although I guess a lot of people think they aren't. Wages for waitiung in resturants are taken into acccount with the tipping factor. There may be some very top restuarants in Sydney that overseas touristys visits, where tipping is allowed.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I don't know why we do it but we tend to tip with cash and leave it on the table for the waiter to collect. The only time I have added it to the bill was when I had not enough cash in my wallet to tip.
leave it on the table or give it to the person who you really want to get the tips..i have seen tips stolen by wives, girlfriends and children when the tipper was walking away..its called stiffing the waitress/waiter..it happens more then you would think..but the other day at the Chinese Buffet I had exactly $6.39 in my pocket and the bill was $6.35..($5.99+.36 cents tax.) so i put the money on the tray..and a waiter picked it up..less then a minute i got another bill for the same thing plus a fortune cookie..i told the women that the man took the money ..and they don't speak very good english ..so for awhile she was very upset and thought i was trying to stiff her for the meal..finally the watier said he remembered me paying..and the lady waiter gave me the cookie and said sorry so I just left her with no tip..as this is acedeminic as this is all the money i had anyway..but i would not have left a tip..anyway..this was a buffet and i got my own food..all she brought was my water and stuff like silverware..so this was a moral victory for me..life is hard sometime
@indiavani (865)
Hello! We mostly tip with cash...vani^_^
@gardengrrl (1445)
I almost always tip in cash, and I hand it to the server as I leave. What tip I choose to leave is between me and the server, not the manager or credit card companies. Plus, most servers work their butts off for their tips, if they want to slightly under-represent the amount they send to the IRS, far be it from me to help them get caught!