Is Shrek taking over the World

@lilaclady (28226)
Australia
I don't think I have ever seen so much to do about anything as Shrek, I went to the supermarket yesterday and Shrek is everywhere, kids were grabbing anything that was gree almost, then I went into another store and there he was again, now I havent seen the movie but when I went to the concert where one of my bands was playing, this band was singing 60's music, a young teenager that came with a friend I asked her if she liked 60's music she said she didn't know what it was and then I heard her singing along with some of the songs, then it came out, I said you do know some 60's music, she said this stuff is in Shrek...is Shrek taking over the world.hahahahahahahaah
Well you are speaking to a die hard Shrekie...I even posted a discussion about fellow Shrekies on my site. I don't know if Shrek and company are taking over the world...but to me they would be great role models to follow. Shrek is a hero to me...a big green ogre trying to make his way in a world that judges him by his appearance rather than who he is inwardly (except for his ever-expanding group of pals..and the wife and 3 new little ones). Then there is the odd combo of friends who love each other and all their idiosyncricites. It would be okay with me if Shrek and company ruled the world..we'd probably have a lot more fun and live in a warmer, more accepting place where people would be free to stand in the resonance of their own unique powers. That would work for me...how about you?
Can you send me the link to that discussion?
Not really but its just that Shrek is a very funny and lovable creature. Shrek toys are very cute. The movie is really very funny and its winning fans all over the world. I myself like shrek so much even if I am an adult. Its hilarious and could entertain all ages.
Hey... hersmart4ever...I knew we had a lot in common...but you are a fellow Shrekie too...why don't you tell me why? I posted a discussion looking for other die-hard Shrekies...I think we should form a club. Glad to know you love them too!
@lenywp (1964)
Yes I've noticed too - the green thing is on absolutely everything these days, cheese, biscuits, chocolate, stationery - everything. Though I think he will disappear a couple of weeks after the movie is released;)
@lilaclady (28226)
Hello leny long time no see, I have been worried about you, I hope you like the music in Shrek, I just found out the other day there is a lot of 60's music in it, that is the best music in the world, good to see you back.
@mdarma (868)
It is not Sherk. It is the children and the love for the childern that parents have.
@KrisNY (7591)
I watched Shrek the third at the drive in the night it came out- It was so cold and my daughter and I sat out there under 4 blankets and watched it- I loved it- so did she- we both laughed our heads off- Yes there are shrek things all over- there usually is when something hits that big- they make a killing- towels, dishes, dolls, etc. We bought the glasses at McDonalds-
@mlgb_24 (638)
shrek is the fad nowadays..it will fade in time just like the other shrek mania, hehehehe!! enjoy it while it lasts. LOL.