Wii vs Playstation 2

My son has a playstation 2 and he has heard that the graffics on the Wii are alot better, besides being able to play gamecube cames on the Wii. I have heard that the Wii is having problems with there controllers the cordless controllers. I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with the cordless controllers, or if it was a one time only deal.
@omupas (1243)
I played the Wii for the first time this past weekend and it was actually a lot of fun. I didn't really notice any problems with the controllers, but I could see a couple of issues that may persist, there is a little transmitter that you place on top of or in front of the television that registers the movements of the controller, you want to make sure that that transmitter isn't obstructed. You also want to make sure you're not too far away from the transmitter or the Wii will not recognize the movements of the controller. Since I only played it for a couple of days, I'm not sure what the battery life is like with AA batteries, so the rechargeable battery pack may be a good investment too. Overall though, I think it's a good system, however, I think it's more of a group type console (more fun if there are more people playing). If your son will have someone to play with all the time it's probably better than if he was only going to play by himself a lot. Just my 2 cents :)
Thank you very much for your response. It will help with our decision alot, I was wondering about that transmitter, maybe something happened to it instead of the controller it self. I will have to mention it to my daughters boyfriend. And we will have to talk about actually buying a Wii.