Want to Start a Book Review Blog, but I Need Help

I want to start my own blog. I do a lot of book reviews online, and I would like to collect them all in one place. Also I would like to add a section on writing. My question is...where to go to create a blog? What is the best site to launch my blog? What blogs get a lot of traffic and how do they do it? I appreciate any help!
@re08dz (1941)
When it comes to things like traffic etc no one blog type has an advantage over another - it all depends on you and the content of your blog and how you go about promoting it etc. My personal preference is a wordpress blog - for the exact same reason as the poster above :-) For me it's much easier to use and maintain - there's plenty of places you can host a wordpress blog (both free and paid) and a lot of sites that help you with pretty much all aspects of a wordpress blog - my only suggestion if wordpress is the way you decide to go - is to NOT host it at wordpress.com - instead find a different hosting provider that already has it installed or where you can upload it to - the reason for this is that if you want to monetise it at all you're extremely limited in what you can do with a blog hosted at wordpress.com I've set up lots of wordpress blogs (and a couple of blogger) so if you want any help feel free to give me a yell at anytime - or if you're interested you can take a look at this page http://www.squidoo.com/guide-to-blogging/
Thanks for all the information! I think you are absolutely correct: It's all in the content and marketing.