Where is the good humour?

The best of british humour seems to have faided in to obscurity. What happened to great shows like Monty Python, Red Dwarf and many other funny shows??? The world seem to serious now days. Bring back the comedy!!!!
@katydidmc (210)
I think its political correctness gone mad. you can't make fun of anyone these days without someone whining about it, not even yourself. Most good humour seems to poke fun at someone.
I agree completely. So much worring about not offending everyone, you cant say anything about anything anymore!!!! The one thing I am glad of is that Cape Town comedians have not stuck to the rules of political correctness, and are quite happy to poke fun at others and themselves in a light hearted manner. Of course one can go to far with it as well, but they seem to keep it in check. If only everyone could have a comic view on life!
I have to say there are a few good shows still around. Have you watched Johnny Vegas in Ideal, that is hilarious and well worth seeing. Also, Lead Balloon with Jack Dee, very dry. I miss Red Dwarf so much, the last series was so funny I really thought they were going to make another. I know its old now, but have you seen Spaced, I love it.
Thanks for the tips, I will keep a look out for these shows. I too thought Red Dwarf would continue, so sad to see it end. :(
@Daniel_7 (91)
• Czech Republic
I really like the Red Dwarf. It is my favourite show. Unfortunately I've already watched all the episodes. I wish I could erase them from my memory and watch them all again.
@pillusch (1148)
• Mexico
I totally agree. It's so difficult to find reasons in real life to laugh that it only seems possible to find genuine humor in books or in movies / shows. I spent a couple of years in the 80's in England, and with hindsight I didn't like it a lot. But I DO remember Monty Python, John Cleese's Faulty Towers and similar shows. They were just hilarious - and , as you say, they are gone. What about Mel Brooks and 'Blazin Saddles'. I saw that in '89 in London, and it was the last time I really laughed.
Red dwarf was a great show one of my favs i watch it every night on my computer i have every episode. i cant remember this one show it had the character for rimmer in it called the brittas empire or something like that.
@story15 (111)
I've enjoyed all of the British comedies. When Monty Python first aired in America I thought it was on the racy side. I was a teenager then. I wish PBS would air Doctor In the House and Red Dwarf.