Have you ever found a lost child?

Kids love to explore! And, maybe that's why some end up wondering away from their parents in malls and getting lost. It's scary, but it happens all the time. Have you ever been in a public place like a mall and saw a crying child who had wondered away from their parents? What did you do? Did you ask the child if they were lost or try to help them find their mommy or daddy? Have you ever found a lost child? How did you help them reunite with their parents?
@carmelanirel (20979)
I think the few times I heard a child that had been lost, usually their parents find them before I can help. But I do remember a terrible incident where we were on our way to church on a country road and saw a child about 2 years old at the side of the road. She was next to a mail box where the driveway lead to a house way back away from the road. She was in the opposite lane which is how we saw her in time, but right before the lane on her side was a hill and anyone coming would not have time to stop. So I got out to get the child while my husband drove up to the house. (don't ask me why I didn't ride up with him, I guess the tragic thoughts of what could have happened) Anyway, gave the child back safe and sound..
It is so wonderful that you would extend your hand and heart to a stranger's child. I guess we are all just one really big village when you think of it. Very happy to hear that things turned out well.
@bagumbayan (2707)
Yes, many times. In the mall, in the park, in the streets and all over. In the mall it is easy to look for the parents because there are paging areas where you can call on the parents or to report the kid to the office or the security guards on duty. In the park it is quite harder if the area is so big and that no paging system is available. In the streets, it is more difficult maybe because the parents of the kid has alighter a taxi or the bus. But when I found one I see to it that I returned it to his parents or guardian or repor the matter to the police immediately.
@lenapoo (678)
When I was working at the mall I was helping a customer and then there was a little girl that was in the store and she came to me and busted out in tears and I said What's wrong? She said I'm lost and I can't find my mommmy. So instead of panicking I called the mall security to come and help to locate her mother, but before they could come down her mom came rushing in the store and grabbed her up and she was crying too. I felt relieved that she had found her mom, but at the same time made a personal note to keep my kids close by me at all times because you never know who could find your child when they are away from you.
@mac1946 (1602)
• Calgary, Alberta
Yes,I have found a number of young children that got lost,I used to own a shop in a mall,and my location was great,I also had a couple of kids rides out fromnt of my place,so when I found them,I would talk them into my store and informed security to page the parents and tell them where to find them. whith the idiots that are running around now,I would never let a lost child out of my site,till we were sure it was their parents that were picking them up.