How do we get our reputation?

Hi guys!i put my cursor on the star with number beside my username and i saw my reputation of 93/100..Now, my question is,how do we get our reputations?who gives us this? Thanks!
@rinaaus (1203)
I don't know how it works in mylot. First I thought you ask about reputation in our life. For mylot, i guess they base on your quality of your posts and replies! So they gave you start with number and reputation!
see oneandonemakesix rsponse below.you'll see how..Ty for posting.
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
Hello yammydudes! Mylot users decide which number you will have in your star. The exact number is basically the percentage of the positive ratings among all the ratings given to you, positive and negative combined. If, no body rates someone, he/she will not have a rating. Similarly if you have way too many negative ratings compared to positive ones such that positive rating is below 5% of total ratings, you still will not have a number beside your star, rather you will not have a star either. Ratings can be done on all your inputs here including your posts, your comments on replies to your posts, your responses and your responses to comments on your responses. To cut the long story short, every single piece of text you write here is open to rating. So, even if your post rating count, at the moment when I am typing this message, 502, you probably have much more rate able inputs than this number, perhaps at least 1000. If that is the case than your star seem to say that out of 1000 ratings, you got 930 and some positive ratings. I hope it clears:-) P.S: Star number isn't the true quantification of your quality here, since it can be abused.
You are right that star do not represent true quantificatiion. Your discussion and the one posted above made it clear. You had a clear explanation.TY for for that...
@kamran12 (5555)
• Pakistan
you are welcome yammydudes!:-)
@ayris77 (1304)
Wow the star! The different colour.I'm also do not about that!How do you do that! Maybe the star is stand for sum of the discussion that we're enter in! I think so!
see oneandonemakesix and the other's responses.you'll see how..As soon as you reach 100,a star will appear next to your username then you'l see your reputation.Ty for posting.
I would like to share this part of the guidelines with you. I hope that this would help: What are the + and – I see on each discussion, response, comment and photo? *These are for you to use to rate other myLot users. This is what myLot refers to as the Discussion Rating System or DRS. *The Discussion Rating System (DRS) allows users to rate the usefulness of topics, responses, and comments on myLot. *The goal of the DRS is to help keep the quality of myLot discussions as high as possible for all members. *myLot members should rate discussions, responses, comments, and photos based upon quality and usefulness. We are very excited about the DRS and encourage everyone to use it. *The DRS is factored into our proprietary earnings algorithm, so this will help us properly reward valuable contributions to the myLot community. What's the best way to get positive ratings for my actions? *Post quality topics, responses and comments! Some pointers include: *When giving advice or answering questions, research your conclusions and provide links to authoritative guidance. *Convey original ideas or thoughts. Don't repeat what somebody else has already said. *Be considerate of other users in a discussion.
see oneandonemakesix and the other's responses.you'll see how..Your reputation is 99/100,that's great!Ty for posting.
If you get a lot of negative ratings (-) your numbers go down and up if you get many(+) ratings. These rating come from all the myLots member who make the little rae box on your discussions or responses. One thing to remember it is based on a percentage so if you have 200 points and you were to drop 5% it would only take 10 negative ratings whereas if you had 2000 points it would take 100 negatives rating so it is easier for you lose and gain with low points
Your discussion and the one posted above made it clear. Ty for posting...
@anirc750310 (3424)
It is about the quality of your posts, the ratings the other Mylotters give it to you, about how many best responses you get, how often do you replay to your discussions. The administrators from mylot gives you the star and your reputation.
see oneandonemakesix response.you'll see how..Ty for posting.