What is your best frugal living hint?

Mine is to check for products on sale at the grocery store and then use a coupon with them so you will save twice as much.
Actually I have a couple of them for you 1- and this is probably the biggest, wash all your clothes in cold water no hot water, they will be just as clean, and hang your laundry outside if you can, no dryer. 2- Get yourself and your family into the habit of turning off lights, and any other electrical items that are not being used. We saved over 150 dollars last year on our bill just by getting everyone into that habit. Plus put your air conditioner at the highest you can stand it to be, and same with the heat in the winter, set it as low as you can and still be comfortable. Buy in bulk if you can, the prices are usually better, obviously if you are only one person that wouldnt make a whole lot of sense, and always look for sales.
I find that cold water is great...I always do my laudry in cold water.
I always thought that warm water would clean up better. I will try cold from now on and see how it works. I always love a money saving tip.
@twoey68 (13651)
Mine is to cut back on waste. Try to make things stretch and do more cooking myself instead of convenience foods or fast food. AT PEACE WITHIN
I think that is something I always struggle with. I wish I could recycle more. But our apartment is just too small.
@cutepenguin (6448)
We can't use coupons on sale items usually - it doesn't really work. Then again, there just aren't as many good coupons in Canada I think.
Well we have them...I go to save.ca I think...omg...it is just out of my head. They have some good ones there. You request them and they print them out and they get sent the same week!!
@carlaabt (3505)
One thing that we do is plan on getting all of our shopping done at the same time, and we go to stores in the right order so as to save time and gas. We use lots of coupons. And I'm a member of a site that actually gives you points that you can trade in for giftcards, just for printing out and using coupons. Another thing that saves us lots of money is the CVS card. They have sales every week where you can get a certain amount of money back if you buy certain things. You get a coupon for that amount that you have to use within a month. Sometimes the deals are really good. A couple of weeks ago, we went in with a $5 coupon from the time before, and a couple of coupons we had printed out from their website ($4 off of $20, and $5 off of a $30 purchase). We used regular coupons, too, and walked out with a $15 coupon and over $90 worth of stuff. We spent less than $40 cash, once we each went through and used our coupons.
That's very cool...thanks for the tips...what is that website called??
Mine is to check for items on sale in the grocery store and buy in bulk. I also use my credit card when I pay so I could put them on the point system and later I could redeem coupons from the grocery stores, I use them whenever I go into the store and I save a lot of money by doing this. Also, I would walk a few places to check for the best prices before making the purchase! Besides, I would turn off everything which is not in use in the house so that I could save more on the electricity bill. I haven't discovered other new methods so far, but if I do, I will let you know.
WE have recently started to buy in bulk...what a difference!