Why Think Positive?

Life is beautiful. \(",)_ - I love daisies! (",)
@sr0415 (1140)
Philippines
August 5, 2007 11:39pm CST
When things go wrong, remember: It's not WHAT HAPPES TO YOU that matters most. It's how YOU THINK ABOUT what happens to you... EXAMPLE: Let's say that you are at the airport, waiting to catch a flight, and the airline tells you, "Sorry! Mechanical trouble. You won't be leaving for three hours!" You get very angry. You tell yourself: "This is terrible! This is a disaster!" While you remain stressed, things will get worse! People will trip over you, spill coffee in your lap and lose your baggage. When you fight life, life always wins! Then finally you cool down. You tell yourself: "There's nothing I can do about it. I am probably where I am meant to be. I'll make the most of it." Suddenly, everything changes! From nowhere an old friend appears, or you make a new friend, or you stumble on a fresh opportunity - and life begins to support you. Once we change our thoughts about "a bad situation", we can take advantage of it. You already know this! Life's great opportunities mostly arrive disguised as misfortune and disaster. EXAMPLE: Imagine two women, Mary and Jane. Both get divorced. Mary says, "I've failed. My life is over." Jane says, "My life has just begun!" Who will blossom? *** In a Nutshell: Every "disaster" in your life is not so much a disaster, as a situation waiting for you to change your mind about it. -------------------------------------------------------- Source: Seashell Publishers :) ***** Have a great Monday morning everyone! God bless! \(",)_
3 people like this
6 responses
@jlara_gtr34 (3492)
• Philippines
6 Aug 07
hi there! ;0 i really like your discussion. and you know what, as a student taking up psychology, i really know how much positive thinking can give one person positivity and optimism. my physiology teacher also told me this important fact: 90% of the sickness is psychological and the other 10% is just the physiological. thank you and good day! :)
3 people like this
@wisedragon (2330)
• Philippines
7 Aug 07
Just to add to your "airport" story, another way to eliminate the stress is to think, "maybe if I arrived at my destination on time as originally scheduled, something bad might have happened, an accident, etc. So maybe God prevented me from getting into that accident by delaying my flight." The thing is, we don't know everything. Sometimes we find ourselves running late and we get stressed out. For all we know, God could have saved us from harm by altering our schedule. You never really know! Only He knows everything. So always think positive!
• United States
6 Aug 07
I think that it is important to think positive because that is what keeps us alive is having hope.
2 people like this
• India
6 Aug 07
I can tell you from my experience whatever your article has said is true. Actually positive thinking is half the battle won. I used to be doubtful, tensed and negative. Then I changed and I could certainly feel it, of course at times I'm still doubtful and fearful but now the failures are new opportunities, not disappointments. Again, even if one fails while trying a new thing, he/she knows about it and can make a better decision in future as against a person who never tries. Thanks for sharing this wealth of information.
• Malaysia
6 Aug 07
Why think positive? If we think negative that's the normal human practice when they are in desperate situation. Negative thinking is actually we're no longer moving forward and never solve any problems. Think positive means we are looking for advantages of having problems towards solution finding. The creation of solving problem, having said, an innovation. That is why you mets with new friends there!!! As you take lately, where problems always create opportunities.
@Lydia1901 (16353)
• United States
26 Aug 07
Yeah, thinking positively is always a good think in my book. You get things right when everything is going that way.