Who do you blame when your online business doesn't make money?

Awhile ago, I was reading an article about how the slow economy can affect online sales. And, for me, this seems like a very deceptive statement, since lots of factors can affect success of an online business. For instance, some people are just selling an unpopular product. And, some websites are not all that appealing. And, certainly that's a cause for low sales. And, then again, some people don't put lots of money into advertising. So, that could also explain lack of sales. So, who do you blame if your online business doesn't make money? Do you blame the economy? Do you blame your downline? Personally, I try to place the blame squarely on my own shoulders. I'm the only person that can guarantee my own success online. If I don't work hard, then I don't make any money. What's your view on this?
I have no reasons to blame anyone or anything if I can't make a sucessful online business. As a matter of fact it is not easy to succeed. So it's better for me to figure out why. Perhaps I don't work hard yet. Maybe I buy the unpopular products. Or probably my price is too high. I should find out what's wrong with my side at first.
@maddysmommy (16233)
I would say the blame would fall on yourself or the person that owns the business. You need to know what works and what doesn't, if you researched the market and what products that are unique and good enough to be bought. Lots of factors come into play but the ownership lies solely on the owner of the business if it fails I would think.
I think it's a combination of factors contributing success to an online business, like selling "wanted items", having a user-friendly site, having good customer service and fast delivery etc. (lots to list) And sometimes it takes both hard work and luck too! If my online business is not good, then I would probably blame myself. But if I believe that eventually it would work, I would spend the blaming time on investigating what goes wrong in my business and try to improve and make it better.
I work very hard and still don't make any money. I have been program hopping too much as am new to the internet and not sure what I wanted or what would promote best. I have lots of downline members in free programs or traffic exchanges but nobody in anything where I would make some money. The programs I was keen on folded or are still in prelaunch. I am slowly amassing (is that a contradiction?) $$$ in free programs and am nearly at cash out figures - I hope they don't fold just as I can claim. I suppose it must be me and a bad workman blames his tools but I am very trying. I am trying the belief in confidence but my husband never believed I would actually profit. At least I have not spent much either most are free programs.
@creationhub (3068)
What you say is true. I am thinking about the same thing myself too. Hope more of us will contribute more thoughts about this issue. Being a newbie, it is interesting to learn from others.