How many wardrobes do you have at home?

What type of wardrobe do you have? - Do you have a wardrobe at home? What type and design is it?
@whyaskq (7531)
Singapore
Many homes I visited have a wardrobe in each room. Some have built-in wardrobes which are conveniently "sealed" up. Some have open-style wardrobes which are just poles hanging from a false ceiling. Some have wardrobes made of cloth. Some are cabinet style. Some do not have a wardrobe. Whichever the case, there are many styles and designs of wardrobes to suit the room design. In my home, there is a wardrobe in every room and there are 2 wardrobes in my room. One of which is not used for clothes but curtains, bedsheets, mats etc. lol. Friends, do you have a wardrobe at home? Is there a wardrobe in every room? What type and design is it? Do you have other uses for it other than housing clothes? If you do not have a wardrobe, where do you keep your clothes? Kindly share your style of wardrobes :)
I adon't have a wardrobe to put my clothes in but after seeing yours I think I need one. I would like to have one in every bedroom. One can never have enough closet space...So, my clothes are in my closet that I share with my husband. And, in both my sons room.
@whyaskq (7531)
I would think a closet is equivalent to a wardrobe?
What I meant is - I liked the piece of furniture.
@squaretile (3833)
this is a good discussion! Yes, there are so many types of wardrobes these days. Previously, there were mainly two types. Bought from the store, and built in by carpenter to the full height of your room. most of the newer wardrobes are walk in ones. however due to space constraints, these are usually very small walk ins. which i feel defeat the purpose of having a walk in, which should be roomy enough to make you feel like you can dress up inside and spend sometime coordinating your shoes and outfit and admiring yourself in the mirror. instead of knocking down the wall to another room to create enough space for a decent walk in, I went with the idea of the custom made wardrobe. the usual ones range for a minimum of 6 feet to 9 feet i think. Mine was 9 feet. but we still do not have enough space! my friend has an L shaped wardrobe that is probably at least 12 feet (along the whole side of one wall) and appparently his wife takes up 75% of it. haha. what to do? women just have more clothes. my wardrobe contains bedsheets, towels and all our clothes, and my jewellery, beads and make-up. no wonder we are running out of space! we only have one wardrobe now, but that might change soon enough. haha. :)
@whyaskq (7531)
Your house must have been custom designed? You the designer? btw, is someone along the way to rob your privacy? :p
we got an ID as a coordinator... otherwise would have gone mad. no lah, no one coming. just have to expand cos too many clothes! haha.
@pinnibabu (135)
My place is a rented one. I have one cupboard where in i store all our clothes. that is mine, my hubby, and my daughters clothes. These are the clothes we use on a everyday basis. The rest of them are stored in suitcases. The curtains, bedsheets, and other upholstery are inside the dewan.
@whyaskq (7531)
Ya, when I first heard my friend use suitcase to store clothes, I find it interesting. Now I find it handy especially if one is renting a place. lol.
@gesell03 (173)
i dont have that luxury to have my own wardrobe, i just have a simple table for all of my clothes, but im studying and when i graduate and save enough money i would definitely have a special wardrobe made for me.
@whyaskq (7531)
You mean you put your clothes on the table, along with your other belongings? You stay in a rented room?
@Katlady2 (9920)
There are only two closets in my house....one for each bedroom. This house is too darned small for anything else to be placed in the room for clothes besides maybe a small dresser or something along those lines. I would love to have one like in the picture you posted. I love those. **sigh** Maybe one of these days I'll be in a big enough house. LOL
@whyaskq (7531)
There will be this day. Keep hoping. One day it will come true :)
well tat sure is a good question well initially me n my hubby just had one wardrobe tat we shared n then we put the rest of the stuff in cartons but now we hav 3 more as we hav a baby n god lord i need all the place to stuff all our things for living space.....lol
@whyaskq (7531)
So that's 4 wardrobe for 2 adults and a baby? :P
@Dolcerina (3379)
• Hungary
In my country it is not a trend to have a wardrob.
@estherlou (5017)
In the US, it is common to have closets in each room of the house. Some are large enough to walk into. A closet has its own door that you can close to hide the clothes or whatever from the room it is in.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Hi there whyaskq as I live alone I only have the one Wardrobe and 2 Chest of Drawers when the Kids where small we had the one big Wardrobe as I was still married then and then a small Wardrobe for each of the Kids
Mine is a sliding kind of wardrobe. It suits me better than the door type because I don't have that much space. I chose it to fit the "theme" of my room. I am not all that fussy really. :P
@maddysmommy (16233)
We have a walk in wardrobe in our master bedroom and my son has one small closet in his. Its mainly full of clothes, shoes, bags, duvets and or big sized bed covers and whatever else I can fit into it. There is also another two closets for sheets, and bedding and one at the front entrance for our coats and shoes and junk lol
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi there. In our 3 bedroom home we have wardrobes in all the rooms, we have one wardrobe in our shower room and one huge one in the hall way... A total of five wardrobes that are used to its capacity...
@navtech (1776)
Dear whyaskq, I have in my house only 2 wardrobes. Those wardrobes are used only for keeping the pressed clothes. Bedsheets and linen we keep in almirah where we have provision for keeping them. We have one big basket where we keep those clothes need to be washed. We do not have any designed wardrobes but a good simple wardrobe which is actually sufficient for our family.
@davido (1623)
Here where i live we normally put ward robe inside each room so that anyboby visiting will at least be able to use it freely, but as a person i keep only one wardrobe but my wife has many clothes more than i do so she has her own wardrobe and still share with me.
I have two bedrooms upstairs which I put two wardrobes in each room. One wardrobe is to put all my clothes, the other my husband's clothes. The third one is to put bed sheets, pillow covers, cushion covers, extra blankets and curtains. The fourth one is for my handbags, paper bags and all types of bags which we use for many purposes. All of my wardrobes are not sealed up. My husband and I bought it from the furniture store and my husband assembled it himself. That's about all. Thanks.
@Zelmarq (12368)
• Cebu City, Philippines
We only have built in cabinets at home two for each room for our clothes and for other things like curtains, and many others.
@Modestah (11192)
to answer your question as to how many wardrobes we have in our home - I must say, "Not nearly enough" I much prefer to hang clothes than to put them in a dresser stacked one on top of the other. since we have no closet in our bedroom a lot of the clothes that need hanging are hanging off of cupboard pulls and other various hooks in the room. this is not so good since we have a lot of dust generated in our home, which is not good for the alergies. I also have a fear of spiders crawling into the sleeves and such. we have no closet in the living room either. one daughter has 2 closets in her room and the other children each have one.