Could you survive Solitary?

@vivasuzi (4127)
I recently found this new show called Solitary 2.0 that started a few weeks ago. Through watching it, I found out the original show was just called Solitary and I found it On Demand! Ok so that's the history. What is it? In case you don't know here's a short synopsis. On Solitary, 9 people are all locked into individual pods with no interaction with anyone except a computer voice. They are essentially lab rats. Each week, the computer (Val) puts them through a series of tests to see how long they can last or how much they can handle. For example: Laying on a bed of nails... who can last the longest Trapt in a small dark box... who can stay in the longest Eating serving after serving of various foods... who can eat them all? Being awaken by a loud siren every 20 mins or so and having to remember a secret code # to turn it off... will anyone just go crazy and quit? Every episode 1 person quits or loses the challenge. Here's the tough part... These 9 people have no idea who the other contestants are or whether or not someone else has quit. Therefore even if they are about to pass out from the pain of those bed of nails, they don't want to quit b/c they don't know if anyone else quit. Do you think you could survive on a show like this? If you haven't heard of it, maybe it's time to watch!! I at times thought "I could do that" but when I really think about it, even the simplest challenge is very difficult b/c you can't sleep on a regular schedule, they eat the most random foods, and they don't have any idea what time it is. I don't think I would go crazy but I think I'd eventually be depressed or lonely. I think the hardest part would be not having anyone to talk to. Do you think you could make it through some of these types of challenges? How would you push through??
@kelly60 (4548)
I have never seen the show, but I am sure that I would lose before I ever got started. I am claustrophobic, so that small dark box would do me in within the first minute or two, if I even made it for that long. I won't say that I could take any of the other tests either, but I know that that one would do me in immediately.
@vivasuzi (4127)
Well you may not be able to watch it if you can't last that long :) It might freak you out to watch. I like to think the box wouldn't bother me, but I am claustrophic to a point. HOWEVER if I knew that there are cameras, safety crews, and I could get out at any time, I would like to think I could handle it. I would just close my eyes and think of a movie.
@kelly60 (4548)
You are right, I think that it would bother me to even watch it. I know that I couldn't be in that box. I thought I was going to die when I had to have an MRI. They had to keep talking to me practically the whole time to keep me calm enough to get it done.
@freak369 (5121)
I really like the show, I doubt I could handle the hot sauce that Val dished out to them but most of the other things were tolerable. When they had to stay in the box for three hours with no clock or way to tell time, that's when you saw people really start to snap. It's an ingenious show and a nice break from the usual "reality shows".
@vivasuzi (4127)
Yeah I would hate being stuck in a box! I go nuts being stuck in my house for too long. It is a nice break I agree. There are no alliances, no ways to "trick" the game. It's basically - you can handle it, or you can't. That's it! Oh, and I love how everyone thinks the other contestants are guys. A lot of times when they talk about so-and-so winning, you'll always hear "oh that guy must be real strong" or "i'm really worried about that guy". And once there was even a "i don't think any girls could handle this". SO... they assume the others are all guys even when some of the girls are really kicking butt.