Ignorance is the real source of all problems. Agree or disagree.

@humbleme (1004)
India
September 4, 2007 1:35pm CST
Hello friends, Do you think ignorance is the real source of all problems? Agree or disagree and why?
1 person likes this
4 responses
@sunshinecup (7880)
4 Sep 07
Oh yes that is it about 90% of the time, plum lack of knowledge as to the reality of a situation causes many of the problems. I think the other 10% can be attributed to stubbornness. If people would take the time to learn more about a situation, making sure their facts are indeed truth and not speculation or just made up hogwash, we wouldn’t see near the problems we do in society. It’s sad though cause I feel at times most would rather take things at face value rather than put some time and energy into it finding out what is what.
2 people like this
@humbleme (1004)
• India
4 Sep 07
Hello sunshinecup, Thanks for your response ,how about publics role in every five years election in choosing their new or old leader with lots of speculations that the new or old leader will show the path of heaven to us if we give his party an oppertunity fresh or once more lol.Hey dont get me wrong I believe in democracy and not millitary rule lol.
1 person likes this
@uath13 (8204)
• United States
4 Sep 07
Most of the time I doubt its the source, but boy does it compound the problem. Something that could be easily rectified becomes a whole dramatic production. People just don't think the whole thing through. I'm going to get beaten for this but its a great example. New orleans- Lets build a city below the water level beside the ocean, on a fault line in an area where hurricanes pass & use some levies to protect it. Was this the most intelegent thing to do? To rebuild it afterwords in exactly the same situation? Someone went braindead on that one.
1 person likes this
@humbleme (1004)
• India
4 Sep 07
Hello uath13,Thanks for your response.Havent you heard the story of the man who was awarded with name of "Hero" by his smart friends and one day he was stealing woods from one of his smart friend's garden with an axe and was cutting the same branch he was sitting ,as he wanted wood to keep himself warm at winter night? How can you forget greediness and lack of commonsense too are part of ignorance.
1 person likes this
@Hatley (164229)
• Garden Grove, California
31 Aug 08
hi humble me ignorance is part of the source of all problems' but also judging others without knowing a damned thing about them and their lives is also a huge part of all problems.Also plain damned malice and stupidity play a part in problems too. And talking too much and listening too little often just escalate a problem too.
@Lydia1901 (16353)
• United States
4 Aug 08
Yes, I quite agree with that. If a person is not aware of what is going around him/her, there is no way they will know what is happening. Being aware of your surroundings is the only way to play it safe and not miss anything.