Why do people let their child stand in a moving vechicle?!

@peanutjar (5211)
Ive seen this many times and wonder why!?Children staring out the back window while the vechicles on the road or sitting in the front seat on someones lap.I just passed a car at noon with a 4 year old stitting on the moms lap while the father drove and another child sitting in the front seat with no belt.I thought they could not sit in the front of a car until a certain age,i could only see the top of his head until he popped up for a peek.Trucks i understand,because there is no back seat of course,but at least sit them down and buckle them in.What are they thinking.How do you feel on this subject?
@uath13 (8204)
Irresponsable. Thats all there is to say.
@peanutjar (5211)
Yes,very irresponsible!Life can be lost in a second.
@gabs8513 (48710)
All I can say they are irresponsible and should not be allowed to have Children as they are putting them at high Risk A child should be strapped in and if they are really small they should be on a booster seat strapped in It makes me mad to think that Parents can put their Children at risk like that
@peanutjar (5211)
Gabs,i totally agree with you there!There are alot of people that just cant get it in their heads that this is something thats not a playing matter and for real.They should be made to understand what could happen,instead of thinking nothing will ever happen...p.s are you feeling o.k?I hope so.Take care gabs.:)peanutjar.
@gabs8513 (48710)
I am better to what I was Sweet thank you
@theprogamer (10539)
Just more cases of "why the heck to people like this have progeny!?" Its pretty shameful and ANYTHING can happen on the road. Especially something to cause a sudden stop. Once that happens the car will stop and the kid will keep going (through the windshield) or until something hard enough stops the momentum. And sure enough its usually a fatality or an incredibly serious, lifelong injury. I always hate it when people take the road, the car, their children and safety all for granted! What's wrong with some people!?
@peanutjar (5211)
Im thinking the same thing when i see this and here where i live in a small community,i see it very often!
you know i hate to call names but the only thing that i can think of is that they are completely ignorant, or irresponsible. I see no excuse for this behavior in this day and age.
@peanutjar (5211)
I think maybe they did this when they were young and they think its o.k.and nothing will happen in going only a short distance.This short distance can be the last ride they will take.:{
I do not like that when I see that. I will call and report them because that is so dangerous. The child is supposed to be in a carseat, not riding in the lap of a parent. If they had a wreck that child could be killed.
@peanutjar (5211)
Yes from the impact that child is the lightest and can be thrown the fastest.This is one of the craziest things a parent could do.Just like Britiany Spears when she had her baby riding in her lap while she drove her convertable around!Dingy Britiany.:{
@twoey68 (13651)
Well, honestly I'd say b/c they don't have enough common sense to make them sit down. I've seen this all the time. I really don't see how they can ticket you for not wearing a seatbelt but not ticket you when you've got kids hanging out the back of the truck... AT PEACE WITHIN ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
Hi friend, seat belt is important to avoid unwanted injuries during accidents, i wonder why the parents are careless about their kids by allowing them to travel without seat belts, i agree with you, kids must need some maturity to travel in the front seat and parents must watch each and every activity of the kid to avoid a lot of unwanted issues
@hanah87 (1835)
I think their parent is more stupid than their kids.It is because they let their kids do the dangerous thing like that.What they think??Action movie?Maybe they will just awake when they see their kids or children body is sleeping at road fully with blood.That's time,they are late to regret.
This is outrageous! i think it is very irresponsible to let your children ride unsecured in a moving car. i have let my son sit on his daads lap and go for a drive but this has never been on the road nor going anywhere apart from taking him for a drive and letting him have a steer. i know what you mean about children looking at you over the parcel shelf. How many more children need to die before this is considered to be unacceptable.