Name Change

August 10, 2006 10:28am CST
I have been seperated for over a year now, and I want to change my last name. How do I do it?
2 responses
• United States
10 Aug 06
You can do it for free as part of your divorce.
@sedel1027 (17858)
• Cupertino, California
10 Aug 06
You can legally have your name changed thorugh the court system, then have you SSN card and ID card modified. Or when you get divorced you can bring your divorce decree to the SSN Adminsitraion Office and they will change the last nam eon your card. Since you are seperated, you will need to go through the court system to modify your name. What state are you in? In some states this is something you can do without a lawyer and costs just a few hundered dollars.