Do your girl(s) or boy(s), play with toys 'considered' gender appropriate?

By this I mean, would (or does) it bother you, if your boy wants to play with dolls, or your girl with trucks etc.? Would you permit them to own these toys, if they wanted them, and would you be upset if someone were to give them to them?
@foxyfire33 (10009)
I never MADE them play with stereotypically appropriate toys but so far all but one have still preferred them. My oldest is a girl and I would buy her little cars but she was never interested. My second was a boy and he got mostly "boy" toys but had his sisters toys available to him. The only thing he seemed interested in was the play kitchen...which I don't view as very "girly" since boys cook too. My youngest daughter was born 2 years after him and was a little interested in his cars but not much. My 2 1/2 year old son is "all boy". There is rarely a time when he doesn' have a car or truck in his hand. Last night he even had to say good night to his race cars and monster trucks before he would lay down. My 10 month old is to little to have much preference yet but he does seem to like things with wheels that spin. My only exception is my 4 1/2 year old son. He loves all things pink, wants his new bedroom decorated with pink, ponies and flowers, and loves dolls. He has said that he doesn't want to be a Daddy when he grows up...he wants to be a Mommy. For Halloween he has asked to be a princess. It doesn't bother me but we do set a few limits to protect him and/or save us some trouble. He was allowed to have a pink back pack and lunch box for preschool but not the pink shoes. I figured other 3-5 year olds wouldn't care about the back pack and lunch box but he'll have to wear his good shoes to places besides preschool. He don't let him wear dresses or girly clothes outside of the house but he does have a few dress-up things from his older sisters. The only things that bothers me are the people who make rude comments about his preferences or try to change him. His grandfather will not allow his hair to get longer than a crew cut no matter how many times we have told him we WANT it longer. And then he cries afterward everytime it gets cut because he wanted to have "piggy-tails" like his sister. A few will make the snide comments that he's going to be gay (although they usually use the derogatory terms)... I don't think there is any connection but if there was I still wouldn't care, being gay is nothing to be ashamed of anyway.
Thanks so much, for your detailed response here, foxyfire33. It seems like your kids are all very different, in their preferences, and that's to be expected. Kids are always changing too, from year to year. I'm sorry to hear that people have said some negative things about your son. My nephew (now seventeen), used to love to get ahold of his sister's make-up, and wanted to wear her jewellery, and dress up 'pretty,' when he was little. He 'did not' turn out to be gay, not that this is the issue here, in fact, he's got a long term girlfriend, and he's very masculine. The type of toys someone plays with when they're young, really has nothing to do with 'who' they'll be when they're older.
@twoey68 (13651)
My niece and nephew have always played with whatever toys they wanted to. I never made them play with specific toys based on their gender. They are both happy, healthy, normal children so it doesn't seem to have bothered them. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
Hi twoey68, I agree with you. I really don't think that the type of toys played with, that 'some' think of being for a specific gender, make any difference as to who kids turn out to be in later years.