99 years and STILL counting!!

@fpd1955 (2075)
Well, once again, those Lovable Losers, The Chicago Cubs let me down. While they had a great surge at the end of the season to win their division, they got swept in the first round of the playoffs. Cub fans were more than delighted that the team spent $300 million dollars in the off season to try to win it all. However, the same old, same old happened. This year was a little different for me. Unlike 2003, when I cried for 3 days and just let their meltdown in the NLCS effect me WAY TOO MUCH, I didn't get emotional over this year. They were outmanaged, outpitched, outhit and outplayed by a better, younger, CHEAPER team. Maybe that is the answer. Bring up the young guys, pay them little and let them play for the pride of winning, not a paycheck that they are guaranteed no matter what happens!! Ah well, as the motto goes, "Wait 'til next year"!! Next year makes it an even 100 years since they have won a World Series. SIGH............ PEACE
@bgerig (1259)
I am sooo sorry. I really wanted the Cubs to do it this year, and be done with it for another 99. As a big Cardinal fan, once we were out of it, I started rooting for the Cubs like I thought I never would. So sad!
@fpd1955 (2075)
Ya know the Cubs and Cardinals have a big rivalry. However, it has got to be one of the most civil rivalries in sports. No matter if it's in Wrigley or Busch, I see Cub and Cardinal fans sitting with each other and never have seen any nastiness. I rooted for your team last year, that is one of the reasons I think they won!! :P Thanks for responding. Until next year......ugh! PEACE
@babostwick (2037)
I know what's it like to see a drought and who knows what the answer is exactly. I don't think you can spend the most money and get a guaranteed championship. If that was the case, you'd think the Yankees would win every year no questions asked. They could do it next year though if the team gets used to each other and goes with just worrying about each game whether it's regular season or post-season as a game. It would be fitting to see Cleveland and Chicago face off, wouldn't that be the sports media's worst nightmare? An Indians-Cubs World Series matchup. I'm sure that would be pretty good.