Mountain of Houses!

This is one big part of an overly becoming populated place. Is this situation alarming?
@barehugs (8984)
I too, am wondering why people want these huge monster houses. They are expensive to buy and the taxes are excessive as well. Some have as many as 5 or 6 bedrooms, and these make for extra cleaning. If you own one of these huge houses you need a cleaning lady to keep it tidy. I think people are just trying to maake their neighbours believe they are rich!
I have dreams of having a big wide house but it will happen when I can afford it. I believe this people who has it have the resources to afford it. It will add earnings to the government, additional opportunity for those who have no work. Do you think it is helping the economy in some form?
@barehugs (8984)
Also a monster house is not good for the environment. It takes more energy to heat and cool. This is not good!
Well, I agree with you. It will be more expensive to maintain.
@ssh123 (31096)
It is a common phenomenon everywhere. More so in countries like India where population keeps growing at an alarming pace, with the limited land, there is more pressure on land, and buildings are built with growth vertical, so as to find a piece of land with roof over head for every one who can afford to buy. The problem else where is migration from villages to the cities in search of employment and land is limited and hence the houses look mountainous.
Well, yes, in search for employment, big cities are getting crowded. The pressure it gives to the land, I am not sure but is there a test to know if a certain building height is the limit it can withstand? I'm still wondering if there is some limit to which a certain can withstand some weight?