What Was The First Mobile/Cellphone You Bought?

@ppcdude (150)
The first mobile phone I bought was the one that one2one first issued (think it was a Motorola, came with a retractable aerial).. when they first started in around 1990. It had free weekend & evening calls which was a big move back then as they had only just become afordable to the general public. It was about the size of two packs of playing cards & I beleive the original sims used to go for lots of money before one2one were bought out... When did you buy your first mobile/what make etc. & how big was it?! Some of the early 'Mobiles' fitted into a briefacse! Were you one of early 'Yuppies'?
@diillu (5121)
Sounds really intresting. As for me I got my first mobile while I was in 11th grade as carrying mobile by high schoolers are not so popular in those days. I got it while I was the age of 17 and it was during 2004. I know it is really late but mom never thought that it was a good idea to get a cell phone and I never thought of bothering again and again. The first set I got was nokia. It was fascinating.
@ppcdude (150)
So it wasn't the size of house then if you bought it in 2004! lol The mobiles in the eighties make great door stops or book-ends :P