Ever want to be a cowboy/girl?

Ready to herd - These cowboys (and girls) were getting ready to herd the longhorn steers though the Ft Worth (Texas) stockyards. They do this every afternoon for the tourists. Guess you can still be a cowboy/girl in the 21st century!
@susieq223 (3742)
While I was in Dallas I visited the Ft. Worth Stockyards. It is part of old Ft. Worth they have saved as historical and make it a tourist place. Not only can you see old buildings, you can watch the cow handlers (Polically correct title???) herd the longhorn cattle through the streets. If you want to eat, you get the best prepared steak in the country (so they boast). Great place to visit. I used to like to ride horses before my allergies got so bad! I don't think I would have enjoyed being a cowboy, though. Sounds like hard work and long hours; not to mention dusty and dirty.
@diillu (5121)
Seeing those cow boy hat, shirts in movies and TV's I also wanted to be cowgirl once in my life when I was a kid. Whenever I used to see a cowboy in TV I used get my father's hat which kind of looked like cowboy type and I used to jump around the TV. But these days I'm fine.
@susieq223 (3742)
I don't want to be one either. I was horse crazy as a young girl, though. Thanks for the reply.