Are you pennywise and pound folish?

Penny - What kind of person are you?
By Bala
@balasri (26549)
Or penny wise and pound wise?Or Penny foolish and pound foolish? or pound wise and penny wise?
@goodsign (2287)
Yes because my husband said that way to me previously and later teach me how to have advance learning for my family's cashflow, balance sheet and progit & loss. A penny is a small amount of money and a pound is a larger amount. "Penny-wise, pound-foolish" is to be cautious (wise) with small amounts of money but wasteful (foolish) with larger amounts. Example: "We've worked so hard to save money that if we took a vacation now it would be penny-wise, pound-foolish." People sometimes worry about spending small amounts of money; then they carelessly spend much larger amounts. Example: "He spends very little on food during the week, then blows all his money drinking on the weekends. He really is penny-wise, pound-foolish."
@balasri (26549)
Thank you for the explanation.What kind of person are you?
@goodsign (2287)
currently, penny wise pound foolish. Next 5 years would be penny wise-pound polish, no longer pound foolish.
@balasri (26549)
That is a good one.