For Whom Do You Pray?

@MsTickle (25050)
Australia
Do you pray for your family and loved ones so that they know happiness, peace and the love of your God? Do you pray for those among your family and friends who are ill or troubled or having problems or difficulties? Do you include your friends and the family of your friends and does this also include the family and friends of your accquaitances? Do any of you pray for murderers, rapists, thieves, child molesters, terrorsists and do you hope that they see the error of their ways and find peace, love and happiness if not on earth then in heaven? Is your kind loving, kind and merciful, loving the sinner but hating the sin?
@Darkwing (21588)
I pray for everybody and every living thing, my friend, including my own guidance, because we each have our faults, and need to be shown the way, at times. Brightest Blessings. x
@MsTickle (25050)
I'm praying for tolerance and understanding for myself. I also ask forgiveness for those who won't ask it for themselves...those people whose thoughts and actions hurt so many people and do so much harm.
@Darkwing (21588)
I think that goes without saying my friend. It's not that they CAN'T help themselves, there's no such word. It's rather that some poor souls have lost the way and are having difficulty in finding it again. So, we pray for guidance for them. Out of that, will come peace, love and togetherness... the sooner, the better. :)
@MsTickle (25050)
We can only hope and pray my friend.
@youdontsay (3503)
I pray for specific people that I know that are experiencing difficulties of some kind and I pray in general for groups of people. For instance, I may not know anyone personally or by name who lived through a disaster but I pray for all of them in general, as well as for those who are helping them. Whenever an emergency vehicle passes my house, which happens often, I give thanks for people who serve others in times of emergency and I pray for those that they are going to help. I also pray for situations I'm aware of to be resolved peacefully. And I pray for organizations and their working for good. Basically I pray for whatever I can think of that may need spiritual intervention and/or blessing.
@MsTickle (25050)
There are certainly lots of people and issues to pray for aren't there. I wonder, if everyone decided to pray for world peace would it eventually happen. If as well as praying for peace, people were kinder and more loving to their neighbours and their enemies, would we finally see the end of war and racism, bigotry and jealousy, hatred and unkindness and so on?
If we live our prayers we could make peace happen. Too many people, however, don't believe that they can make a difference and wait for a Higher Power to wave a magic wand to make peace happen. That isn't going to happen. We must live with loving thoughts and act with compassion.
@rev1wendy (611)
When Christ was on the cross, he prayed for those who were torturing and killing him. He taught us that even the wicked can love those who love them back. But a true follower of Christ will love their enemies. I try very hard to remember that when I am praying and pray for those whom I feel have wronged me. If my prayers can help get them saved, they will become better people.
@MsTickle (25050)
When Christ was on the cross, we are told he said: "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do". Wouldn't it be better if we prayed for all sinners??? That they be saved? They will be saved then through God's grace, not our prayers
Yes. There are three kinds of people in my world: Friends, which includes family that I like; Enimies, which includes part of my family, the part I love, but don't like; and unknowns. I do pray for them all.
@dpk262006 (56760)
There is only one God in this world, I believe and I pray to great God every day, every moment for the life he has granted me.
@MsTickle (25050)
Hello, I didn't ask TO whom do you pray...I asked FOR whom do you pray. As for their being only one God, that is a matter of opinion. I doubt that you pray every moment.
@dpk262006 (56760)
I am sorry, I mistook your question. I pray for everyone. I believe, everyone should be happy for ever.
@rajikoshy (741)
Excellent question. I used to pray for my children, my wife, my relatives, very close to my heart till the last month. I had been to a prayer meeting, I met a person, who has done all the sins in his life, finally changed and filled with gods presence. he said, Pray for your enemies, and then see the difference. I started to pray first for all the people who do bad to me, hates me, cheated me and are cruel to me. My heart is free, and i am happy.
It is wonderful, isn't it!!
@Modestah (11192)
yes, to all of the above. I think it was an important lesson given to us that we should especially pray for our enemies. If we do not pray for those who are wicked in this world - what hope will they have?
@MsTickle (25050)
Exactly Modestah and co-incidentally what hope will we have because evil begets evil. I'm glad you got my meaning, I'm surprised that so few have.
@alexdra77 (147)
I try to pray for everyone, that they may know peace and we can all be a much better person
@MsTickle (25050)
Hello alexdra and welcome to myLot. You put the answer so simply and so well. Mylot likes us to be as descriptive as possible in our responses so try to put some reasoning behind your ideas rather than just stating the facts. Hope you will be happy here.
@chiyosan (30194)
Yes, i do pray for my whole family, their well being and pray for their safety all the time. I also have my specific prayers for my friend - someone who is suffering from an illness. i pray the God gives her more patience, more love and more understanding of what is happening to her. She is very stressed right now and is always wanting to give up whenever i talk to her. I always give her an assurance that everything will be fine in God's time. I always believe in the powers of prayers. God answers us in different ways we just need to be patient and wait for his wonderful blessings.
@MsTickle (25050)
Will your friend recover? I hope your prayers for her are answered soon. And I hope she stops being stressed and learns to trust in the will of the Lord and that she can be patient waiting for answers to your prayers.
@Jemina (5779)
This is a very good posts, MsTickle. I don't pray regularly anymore but when I go to bed and thought of someone I make a quick prayer for them. Also when I was younger, I used to pray for people who have done me wrong, well, I still do until now. The Bible says that we should love our enemies but it's easier to pray for them and I believe that it will result to love and acceptance for that person. I still pray for my family that God will always be with them. Thanks for your very timely post. I hope more people will get to see this.
@MsTickle (25050)
Hi Jemina. This discussion was prompted by the fact that I was seeing posts about people praying and asking for stuff...material stuff for themselves and I thought it was not right. Also people limited their prayers for their family and loved ones and were asking for prayers for themselves and I just thought, how selfish we are, does anyone intercede on others behalf? Doesn't God want us to love and forgive each other and doesn't he want all mankind to get along. While I don't think this will ever be possible in the short term, we have to make a start somewhere.
@raydene (9874)
I pray for family and loved ones first.. Then anyone known or unknown that has a problem.. I pray for those that are being hurt and those hurting others that they may know god's love I pray for those that are ill and those treating them.. I pray for those wondering and worried about a missing loved one and I pray for the missing one that they may be safe. I pray for peace in my heart and across the world.. I pray for courage and strength to accept what is on my life plate with grace and never strike out to those that would expect me to.. When i pray for a victim I always pray for the victimizer to see his/her crime for what it is ,feel remorse and ask for forgiveness and the love of God to help them rise above the behavior and to never do it again.. But mostly I pray for stamina to live my life without questioning His ways! oxoxxoxo
@MsTickle (25050)
We could all learn a lot from you my friend...you have a big heart. You'll be ok.
@worldwise1 (14887)
It has long been a practice with me Ms Tickle, to pray for everyone that I know because I think we all do stand in the need of prayer. I do not include people who commit heinous crimes against others, but that is something that I need to work on. They are probably more in need of prayer than the rest of us. I'm glad you started this discussion because like many discussions on mylot, it has caused me to see the error of my ways.
@MsTickle (25050)
What started this idea for me was the number of discussions I see where people stone others. I'm guilty of it too. I would like to see people who harm small children and animals and the elderly subjected to the same treatment. I cannot find love for cruel, hateful horrid nasty people but God did. He will jusge these people , it is not for us to do so. So saying. I also get cranky when I read of lovely people whom I think highly of denigrating celebrities or sales staff and complaining about them and tearing their reputation to shreds. Sweet natured loving people who think nothing of whining and complaining about a rude salesperson and doing their best to see that person lose their job. How well do we really know a celebrity? What would happen I wonder if a "rude" sales person was treated with dignity and courtesy and friendliness? I know exactly what would happen because I have been there. I can't remember the people who need my prayers from here so I lump them all together with "and please bless all those that need your love and understanding, help me not to judge them because your goodness, love and wisdom knows no bounds while mine does . Forgive me Amen."
@sukumar794 (5047)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
All of us pray to God for peace,prosperity and well being of the family members. In effect all prayers are directed to individual needs.
I pray for myself, my hubby, his family, my family, our animals, our friends, and anyone in the world who needs praying for - whether they think they need it or not. Though I suppose that's probably everyone. But there are times when I say a little extra for those I know personally who need the little extra.
@stvasile (7316)
I pray for everyone. I don't specifically pray for criminals, but I pray to God for everyone on this planet, and that includes criminals too.
I pray for everyone that I know and I pray for world peace all the time I feel that in this say and time we all need prayer
@estherlou (5017)
Wow. That was an eyeopener! It is really easy for us to pray for those we know or even those we hear about in our small circle of friends and neighbors. But pray for the terrorists? or the murderers? hmmm...I have prayed before that someone I know be able to turn around again and not live a wasted life, but what you are talking about is another step upward. I'll have to work on it.
@twoey68 (13651)
I pray for Hubby, myself and our cat. I pray for my pets that have passed on and I pray for my family and friends. I pray for the world in whole and for it to become a better place. "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS" **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@nkhanna (925)
i love praying and i am a firm believer of god.I pray daily. n i rpay for my loved ones,my family friends all the people on the earth for their happiness.i also ask god for forgiveness for any bad thing that had happened by me knowingly or unknowingly.n that i ll never repeat it again in my life.i guess we all should pray for the murders,rapists,thieves,child molesters,terrorists so that they gain the wisdom n they come to realise what bad they r doiing to their family n to the society as whole.we should hate the sin n not the sinner bcoz every sinner was not born as a sinner.people or circumstances made him to do so.
@Katlady2 (9920)
I always pray for my family and friends, during times of hardship as well as during times of happiness. I sometimes pray for people I just met and don't even know. But I've actually never really thought about praying for the murderers, etc. I know that they need prayer as well as anyone else, but it's never occurred to me to include them. I guess I really do need to open my heart up more. Thanks so much for the wonderful post my friend. Hugs!
Yes I do and I also add special prayers for anyone who I know needs a little extra one. I say a special prayer of thanks for all the countless blessings I receive every day and night.