Do You Agree?

@Rozie37 (15499)
Turkmenistan
We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." - Carlos Castaneda
No I don't agree. I think you can make yourself strong By making yourself miserable.But you can use the same energy to try to be happy.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
How can you make youself strong by being miserable? Misery is surely a weakness, is it not?
@drannhh (15235)
Here is another valid point of view--if you don't "kill" the bull in the first 15 minutes the bull gets stronger? LOL.
Rozie, you can make yourself miserable doing the right thing, like giving up the one you love so they can be happy with the one you love.Now that takes strength.Miserable people are not weak.
@Flight84 (3050)
I agree completely. We make our day as good or bad as we want usually. I mean, I know things can happen to really ruin a day, but for the most part, we control our day. My sister is bad for whining and not trying to make the most of her day. Me, I just get up and do what I gotta do and do it with a smile on my face. I try to be as optimistic as I can. I already work at a crappy place. Why make it worse by coming in with a stank attitude? You either come in and do it and get it over with, or you come in with a foul mood and make the day drag on and on. I always tell my sister that there is so much she could do to make her day better. Going to school in a good mood would really help her. I guess everyone is different in how they go about with their day, but that quote is so true. Looking to the Lord can also brighten up the day.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
Looking to the Lord will always brighten your day. There is always hope in God. Maybe, your sister is depressed. I know that when I get down, I whine, complain, and am generally very negative.
@Flight84 (3050)
She used to be depressed, but now she's on medication and sees her therapist. I think she is just more of a complainer than me. :P
It takes more energy to be happy because you have to work at it. Being miserable is easy. You just do nothing! Happiness and strength come from improving on who we are.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
Actually for me, it takes more energy to be miserable. It's easy for me to be happy, I am most of the time and that is how I prefer to be. Believe it or not, some people prefer to be miserable. I know at least two people that way.
It only feels that way! lol. you see, because you are a happy person, it feels as though you are using less energy. In truth, your happiness is always boosting your energy! I've known people who like to be miserable too, and i don't like being around them. They don't suit who I am and are quite nasty at times. Guess that's why i wrote knew and not know! lol.
@balasri (26549)
Absolutely 100% I believe that.You yourself is the root cause of the good and bad things that happen to you.It is your one single word or attitude that could make or break everything.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
You are absolutely right.
@Perry2007 (2229)
yap, that is why I always choose to be strong no matter what.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
very good
I agree with you 100% ! The amount of energy expended on worrying about things we absolutely have no control over that contribute to our misery is just as powerful as thinking that whatever our higher power is going to challenge us with it will NOT be more than we can handle for that given moment. I enjoy much of Castaneda's philosophy about life. Are you equally interested in Max Lucado ? sharing the light, Miss Erica Hidvegi, the Enlightenment Advisor, B.A. Psych/M.A. Transpersonal Studies- Cnslng/Author, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur & Freelance extraordinaire http://www.enlightenment-psych.net
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I am not that familiar with Castaneda's work. This was the first time I had heard of him. I will look him up, now that people say they like his work. I did a workbook once by Max Lucado.
@sigma77 (5385)
Old Carlos was a master, as was his teacher Don Juan. I totally agree with this.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
Yes, some people are quite miserable and they aren't doing much to try to change or better their situation. They just wallow in their unhappiness.
@drannhh (15235)
Yes, I absolutely believe that. I don't believe too much of what Carlos Castaneda says, but that much is true. It is just silly to go around being unhappy (except briefly when mourning is called for, for example but the meaning here is in general) when there is no profit in it except for raining on everyone else's parade. Nice quote.
@Rozie37 (15499)
• Turkmenistan
I know quite a few miserable people and I can not be around them for very long. I like to be as positive as possible, but some people are always complaining about this and that. The negativity is so draining to me. Sure, I have my problems. But I don't sit around and whine about them and be miserable. I do what I can, I push, I fight hard,and I at least try. Some people just look and decide they can't do it. So they sit back down in their misery and attempt to recruit others to whine and moan with them. It doesn't work for me anymore. I have to get up and push until my goal is accomplished.