Do you like to eat/bake Christmas cookies!

coockies - Christmas coockies
@anetteh (3591)
Sweden
In Sweden we have a tradition of baking a Christmas cookie. We call them gingerbread biscuit. We only make them for Christmas, but they are complicated to do. It take a long time to. So I for one always by them, or get them from mum when she have done them. What about you, do you have a special Christmas cookie that you make for Christmas only?
@nyumix (1661)
• Belgium
Yes I like to bake Christmas cookies. But it happened few years ago. After I have two little children, three years old and two years old kids, I don't do it anymore. I don't really have time for that. And in the night if they are asleep already, I don't think that I still have energy for that. Maybe if they are older already, I will do it again.
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
Well I think you should. I think this is a tradition that should go from generation to generation. And start doing it with the kids in a early time is a god start to keep a tradition living. I know that it is not easy with two small kids. But If you organize your time and find it fun to do this with the kids I believe you will get the energy just because of the fun being with the kids and do something they will Love to do. I did, and now my daughter 20 years want the recipe and will do int on her own.
yeah,i really love cookies but i dont know how to baked cookies,lol.
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
Well, ma bee you should let your mum, grandma or some one teach you how to do it. Baking Christmas cookies are a tradition which should go from generations.
@laurika (4536)
Yeah we have a special christmas cookies what we make only for christmas. this is my first christmas without my mum, since she is in the europe and I wil have to bake on my own. I already ask her to send me soem receipts, so I can bake some cookies and send some to my fiancee family. they are not really complicated to make, so i don't knwo why we make them only for Christmas.But I have problem to find cutter, hope today i would find something cute.
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
That´s god to keep up a tradition. Tradition to bake just Christmas cookies are a tradition that we should keep on and let the kids learn and when they do grow up and can do them on their own the tradition live´s on. Some things are just for holiday´s and some things are not. Thank you for responding
@brimia (6585)
We used to make cut-out sugar cookies in different Christmas shapes and then decorate them. My mom makes a couple of types of cookies only for the holidays...one of my favorites is her date-filled pinwheels.
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
Traditions are god to keep not only for the god in the cookies, but for letting the tradition goes on and over to your kids. My kids are grown and can now make there own. thank you for respond,
@peanutjar (5211)
Hi :) Ive never baked "christmas cookies" before,but have experienced the sweet smell of them cooking while at my grand-mothers house and this year our daughter is almost 5 and is "demanding/bugging" to make some for christmas,so we will give it a go,haha.Shes older now and takes to cooking things easily and loves baking with mommy.I have alot of cookies recipes in my grand-mothes cook book that she gave me before her passing and hopefuly they will turn out great,hehe.We will make some soon,i cannot wait to experience this with my daughter and let her decorate them also!I think i like all christmas cookies and will try alot to make. Peanutjar:)
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
Well, I know that this is a tradition, to bake Christmas Cookies. Something that should in Sweden been done by the 13 of December, we are celebrating the lightning LUCIA. Do not know if that is a tradition els where in the world. However, I used to bake those cookies, but since the kids have grown up I do not do them anymore, In fact, it is cheaper to by them finished from the store. God luck with christmas baking Thank´s for responding.