Women who was a rape victim in Saudi Arabia..is sentenced to 200 lashes and..

A woman was kidnapped and later gangraped by 7 men ..The courts only slapped a kidnapping sentence on the men and the woman was sentenced to 200 lashes and 6 months in prison... This is on many newstations.. Where is the justice in this??? This was because Saudi Arabia enforces a strict Islamic doctrine known as Wahhabism and forbids unrelated men and women from associating with each other, bans women from driving and forces them to cover head-to-toe in public. This is religion? What about the trauma to this woman and then after the trauma of this violation she must be lashed and imprisoned???
@babostwick (2037)
That's weird and makes no sense. I guess things must be done over there a lot differently and it just makes no sense. It just simply baffles the mind. I never heard of it and I've never been out there. I probably wouldn't go out there at all to tell you the truth. I guess the way they think is it doesn't matter if you're a victim or not, you will get punished no matter what.
Its not so much victim or not..the women have not rights and that is what makes the whole situation so evil and wrong...and all this in the name of religion. I am so surprised...I cannot see God endorsing the beating of a woman who had this happen!
I would agree. I doubt that myself as well. Probably some over the top religion. I'm in a religion but I've never and don't see anything where it says it's ok to do something like that. That's not what I would believe in doing or would want to either. I highly doubt that. The ones involved will be dealt with on that and probably punished for doing this.
Oh I agree on that. I am so deeply hurt by that story..It really makes me cringe..and really upset with any nation that approves of such treatment of someone who is obviously innocent and traumatized..It's awful!
Just goes to show you that there are still backwards thinking countries around. What did they think? If the woman said no, that the men would back off? Did the judge/jury think that she could fight them off with her bare hands? So sad. So very sad that people in this world still think and act like this. It tells men that since they have a wee wee and not a hoo hoo, they can do what they want, when they want and there will be no reprocussions.
What is known is she was kidnapped! There were 7 men? Even against one man ..a woman probably would have a hard time but against 7? Yes the laws in that country favor men over women..and I would suppose many countries are similar.. What a scandal and a shame for such a country with such disgraceful legal ways!
@villageanne (8554)
This is just wrong! Majorly wrong. I cannot imagine such a thing happening to this poor woman. Has she not suffered enough? Do they have to continue to punish her for other peoples crimes? This upsets me very much.
It kind of reminds me of the story of Suzanna in the Old Testament Scripture..only the men did not succeed in the deed. She screamed out loud and the men threatened Suzanna that if she said anything they would accuse her.. Luckily for Suzanna there was a Daniel to take her part. I am praying some Daniel will rise up and take the part of this poor women..100 lashes after being violated by 7 men! seems so unfair and surely ungodly!
Just makes me more thankful for living where I do, even though at times this place can be bad and annoying it's not as bad as that. Geez, I think that's pretty messed up. It's a shame some sort of organization couldn't resict what punishment they gave in stupid cases like this, I mean it's nearly as bad as what happened to her. (in the sense it's like she's being punished for something she had no control over) It's saddening. ~Joey