"Thinspiration" - very dangerous practice and websites.

@bonbon664 (3470)
I just saw a program on A&E about "Thinspiration", which is about the culture of young girls and their quests to be really, really thin. There are a lot of websites devoted to telling girls what to eat, or more, what not to eat, how much to exercise, and what their weight should be. There are photos are very skinny stars like Mary Kate Olsen, and Nicole Richie. They comment how they want to look like them. One 15 year old girl on one of these sites said she is 5'6", and 109 lbs, but, wants to be 90 lbs. I just want to say that we have to keep a close eye on our young girls and their behaviours, and don't let them go down these dangerous roads to anorexia, bulemia, and maybe death.
There are also sites that glorify anorexia and bulimia, with forums where people talk about "techniques" and how to hide it. These people have convinced themselves that it's not a disease! They've even nicknamed anorexia and bulimia as "Ana" and "Mia"... I came across these sites trying to help an anorexic friend. I won't give links because they don't deserve the attention.
wow that is not good! you think people would not let somthing like this be online. but its seems like ehre these last few years. people dont really care.lol veary sad.. and oohyea my child isnt allowed on computers, shes only 2 right now.. but as much as i can i will sheild her frok these things. i wil have block on my computer, so if she trys and sneeks on it... or somthing.. its ALREADY THERE:P
People wonder why young girls today are dying (literally) to be thin, and they blame everyone else, but really, it's everywhere now. Mother's that do nothing that complain about their weight and constantly diet, parents that tell their children that they're fat and need to lose weight even when they aren't. And the media, calling starts like Jennifer Love Hewitt fat and that she needs to diet is what is killing girls. And, it is on the internet too, but that isn't the only source. It's everywhere. It won't stop until our society realizes that thin is not in, or beautiful.