NJ has officially abolished capital punishment. Will other states follow?

I hope so. I think it was a huge step for NJ to take. I wish other states could see that it is not effective as a crime deterrent, and not appropriate as punishment. Do you think other states will follow NJ's lead? Do you think they should?
@Lindalinda (4112)
Well, you will get a lot of different answers to this. The opinions for and against capital punishment are very strong. I applaud NJ for abolishing it and like you wish more states in the US would follow. The USA must be one of the few countries in the Western World that still uses capital punishment. I live in Canada and it was abolished quite some time ago. The reason why I am against it is because the State is lowering itself to the same level as the criminal. The criminal commits murder and then the State murders the criminal. I have also read that it is not effective as a crime deterrent.
I am against capital punishment for the reasons you mentioned, and a hundred more. I think it will be interesting to see what happens next.