Looking Back ...

With Christmas almost upon us, I've been reflecting on this past year, as a member of a discussion forum. A few years back, I heard someone call this holiday celebration, 'lighting the lights of Christmas.' This presents a beautiful image to me, of the wonder of the season. It's a time, when 'many' seem to truly enter into the spirit of loving and giving, more than at any other time of year. If I hadn't been a part of 'this community' my year would've been very different. I've enjoyed every minute of getting to know many wonderful people, that I'd have never met otherwise. There are a handful, who I hope know who they are, that I now count as close friends. So, no matter if, or how, you celebrate this season, what joys has being a member of a community such as this, brought to you? Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!
@vera5d (4006)
happy holidays to you as well!
Hi vera5d, Thanks so much for the holiday greeting. I trust you had a great one. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better this year.:) Take care.
@pyewacket (44031)
Yes, someonesmom, I do love being a part of this community myself and I too have met many people who I feel close to, and I just know I spend way to much time here...LOL...but I am addicted to this place, and so much so I plan to be here even on Christmas..just to pop in now and then and see if anyone else is hanging out here. Of course a damper is the loss of one of our friends..but I plan to go to the other site she hangs out at You make an interesting point how this time of the year brings out the spirit of loving and giving...it's sometimes a shame when you think of it, that the spirit isn't 365 days of the year though..right?
Hi pyewacket, I didn't actually get a chance to be here on Christmas day, but I know exactly what you mean, as it's very hard to stay away from this place. I'm very thankful that 'our wonderful friend' is back. I do find it interesting, that the Christmas season can melt some of the hardest hearts. Maybe if some of us can do our best to keep this spirit year round, it'll start a trend.:) Take care.
Mom I want you to know how thankful I am to you for showing me around here and giving me the chance to meet many wonderful people here also in the past year! I haven't been on here as much as I would like due to work outside the home etc. but the time I have spent has been truly enjoyable! What would we do without the many friends we have found here...lovely people who are here for us when we need them :) This was a bright light in my year as there have been disappointments as well...as I know you are aware... Thanks so much for being there Mom and for others who read this I hope you know just who you are as I am thankful for all my good friends here :) I wish you and all my friends a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2008! I look forward to getting to know you all even more in the months to come! ~Heavens~
Hi heavenschild, You're very welcome.:) I agree with you, that myLot has definitely been a bright light, as it has been very uplifting for me, as well. I pray that 2008 will be a wonderful year for you, and all of 'our' special friends here. Take care.