Do you give alms to beggars or avoid them so you won't be bothered by them?

alms - giving alms
My friend told me a story of how he avoided passing through an alley where there were beggars because they were a nuisance for him. One day he wasn't able to avoid passing through that alley and true enough a beggar tagged along to bother him. He didn't want to give money so he treated the child to eat at a nearby fast food chain. The child ordered lots of food and was very happy eating. After eating, he fell silent and in a little while, he started singing a birthday song to himself. It was after all his birthday! He was happy that he had something to eat on his birthday and that there was one person who showed kindness to him that day. This is one touching story. We don't really know what's going on in the life of the beggars we meet. This doesn't happen everyday but it does happen. Do you like giving alms or you just shove them away?
@johndur (3049)
• Pasig, Philippines
i dont give alms or anything to beggars unless if they touch me so deep that i have to go and buy them food or medicine but giving them money i dont do that.if you give them money most of them wont be looking for a decent job anymore and rely on begging since a lot of people are giving them,it is like a business,if they can make money for it they would continue doing it,but if they dont get anything from begging they would abandon it and look for a new source of income.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello, mermaid! i don't like giving alms or any thing to eat because in my country the government is taking various steps to feed them.the people below the poverty level are being provided with rations and work for the able workers.so there is no need of going out side and beg for food.by giving alms we encouraging the beggars.so i hate the system.thank you.good luck.