My iPhone quit working

@ElicBxn (61039)
I tried to make some phone calls on my iPhone yesterday and it wasn’t working! :( So, the roomie made an appointment for me to take it to see one of the “Geniuses” at the Apple Store near our house. Then she decided she needed a silver pen to write on the dark cd’s she’s gotten, and had me take her to a Michael’s. Well, I just “dreaded” going to the craft store, but afterward I didn’t want to drive all the way back home when the Apple Store was in a center between the craft store & the house. A fairly new center, like of an upscale retail center that feels rather like the downtown in a small town. http://www.austincityguide.com/acg/Client/Client.aspx?py=EID&ClientName=The-Domain-austin-city-Shopping-listing We had a light lunch at a place called The Steeping Room, I had a very nice mushroom soup and a jasmine tea soaked salmon tea sandwich. I also had some strange tea drink that was green. It was made with Japanese green tea powder, lime, mint and sparkling water. It was good, but very green. Even as slow as the service was, it only managed to take an hour to eat there, but we got to watch other people eating too. Its one of those fru-fru places that put a little food on a big plate. We crossed the street and walked down looking in windows, crossed back and went on into the Apple Store. Chase, at the Apple Store, was wonderful. I’m bad, I hadn’t synched my phone since I set it up back in July! Well, I do have to plug it into the roomie’s computer because mine is so old it can’t handle it, that’s my excuse & I’m sticking to it! He updated it, we went & got applecare and a plastic hard case to protect it. Of course I had to take it out of the case to recharge it tonight. So, my phone is working, again, and all is good in the world!
@blackbriar (9080)
Glad to hear you phone is up and running again. Nowadays, it's hard to get by w/o a cell phone of some sort. Makes ya wonder how we got along w/o em b4 they evolved. lol Hubby's and mine cell phones suddenly wouldn't hold a charge. I can see one going bad but 2 at same time? Anyways, took it to the local verizon store and they put new batteries in em free of charge since they were still under warranty. I have my landline but I consider my cell my home phone.
@ElicBxn (61039)
My 2 roomies don't have cells, don't want them. I've had my landline phone since 1984, but most of the family now call the cell. My brother & sister only have cells now. I consider the cell an emergency-gotta-reach-me phone, but I know many that don't.
We started out with one pay-as-you-go cell phone which hubby kept with him since he was the traveler to work/back. Then, when I took on my motor route, he let me have it since some of the roads I travel down are pretty much deserted and didn't want me breaking down with nowhere to call for help from. So, the cell did start out as an emergency phone but then ended up as 'home' phone. When I couldn't pay my cell bill for a few months and verizon shut me off, e1 figured out pretty quick just how hard it was to reach me on my landline and pestered me to no end to get it paid up and turned back on. lol
@subha12 (18452)
Its good to hear that your iphone is working fine again. Nowadys it is really tough to get alone without any sell phone. And taht too iphone is so costly and such a genius thing. Happy new yr to you.
@ElicBxn (61039)
Thank you, yeah, its hard to stay in touch with family without the cell. Back when I worked a job where I was near a phone all the time, I had to get the cell, because we only had 1 phone for 6 people and not everyone was considerate about the phone use.
@slickcut (8141)
Hey i sounds like you ended up having a very nice day after all..Yes i have been to those fu-fu places, i think it is more of an atmophere than anything else, but i like to watch others, but i don't stare but i am a people watcher somewhat,you learn a lot by just sitting and watching..We have a "Hobby Lobby" here and a Micheals but "Hobby Lobby" is the best one here, they are a huge store and carry way more than just crafts.Well i am happy that you got you phone to working anyway..Happy New Year to you!
@ElicBxn (61039)
The Hobby Lobbys here are closed on Sundays, well, not before Christmas, but most of the year. So, Michaels was our choice this time. I spent some $20 bucks on some art stuff for a friend on a limited income.
@jarves (814)
If your iphone is not working the better place to get it fixed is by going to an apple store. There they have personnels who know how to deal with iphones that does not work.
@ElicBxn (61039)
That's where I went. The roomie works for Apple, she set the appointment and everything. She actually owns the phone, but can't use it because of her low vision.
@cosylvia (401)
wish you have a good day,happy new year!!!!!!!!!
@raydene (9874)
What a day!! I'm glad you got it fixed..I do not have one yet and do not forsee having one anytime soon..I even gave up my cell..I never used it... xoxoxxoxoxo