Do we date people who are like our parents?

@emagyne (665)
My dad wasnt really in my life so I think I look for someone to fill that role sometimes which is not good. I know my mom is real quiet at times and I do tend to fall more for quiet, shy types. And I have heard guys say that they look for women who are like their mothers as far as cleaning, cooking etc. Do you think this is true?
@diillu (5128)
Well, it may be kind of a true. Cause I have always been influence by my mother in my life and I always tend to fall for those who are kind of my mom type. Like aware of clieanliness and very strict in daily routine. I must say that I'm quite attracted to the strict people than that of those who don't take anything seriously.
@emagyne (665)
I agree. My mom is real quiet so I guess I was used to that growing up so I cant really date someone who is loud and talks alot. It drives me crazy. She speaks when necessary!
We probably don't choose by intention to date those that remind us of parental figures; however, it generally comes into a relationship, a feeling of comparison in seeing similar traits come up in your spouse that may be similar to your mother or father . . . and it bothers you, tickles you, angers you or what ? sharing the light and happy new year, Miss Erica Hidvegi, the Enlightenment_Advisor, B.A. Psych/M.A. Transpersonal Studies- Cnslng/Author, Artist, Photographer, Entrepreneur & Freelance extraordinaire http://enlightenedpsych2.blogspot.com/