Amazing Story out of Africa!

I was searching the internet for some interesting news to share, since I don't have anything interesting right now. And I came across this article, makes you wonder!! After searching for a while, I was able to find the entire story, but only a snippet of it was found on the original site and text. The link below is where I first found teh article, below it is the full story. http://getclippings.com/image.php?id=792989 A possible new species of dog was discovered in South Africa. Native to the residents, but alien to the U.S, the locals refused to allow us to collect this animal for further testing. The dog, which resembled a German Shepherd, stood 6 feet tall at the shoulders. The occupants of South Africa said the dog was just born to one of the many wild dogs that run loose around the villages. They say nothing special was done to the dog to make it grow to this magnificent size, and that he just continued to grow. The dog is only 4 years old, and we have not determined if the animal has stopped growing or not. "It is a very peaceful animal. He acts as a guardian to us, and just acts like any other dog would," says one of the dog's caregivers. In the village where the dog resides, he has been nicknamed Clifford.
@cdparazo (5768)
Very interesting. I still believe that there are still a lot of species or kinds of living things out there that we have not yet discovered. I believe that this dog is one of those breeds which evolved into a new one over time. Nothing is impossible or unbelievable for me when it comes to evolution.
I love dogs, and I would love to see a dog that big lol.
Clifford would definitely be a fitting name. I can see this happening without something special to make the dog this way. There are always knew things being found that amaze us. That we have no reasonable answer for.
yeah but 6 feet at the shoulder! That's bigger than a horse! lol. You have to add a foot (or more) to reach the top of his head! I guess they're lucky he's friendly!
@writersedge (22577)
And they say crossbreeding isn't possible, 6 feet at the shoulders is a horse. I wonder if the dog has a pituitary glad problem like many giant people. I wouldn't let them them "to collect" the animal either. They do cotton swab testing of criminals for DNA, so they could do the same for this dear, sweet animal that everyone loves. But I would also want the animal to have a CAT Scan to make sure it isn't a pituitary gland problem. I saw a special on giant people that don't stop growing and die unless they have an operation. If they have an operation in time, they can live much, much longer, maybe even a normal life span.
WOW... I come from south africa and this really is interesting. I think it is right that america cant take it in for tests because thats where it belongs... in south africa!