Ann Coulter : SPEAKS !

Ann Coulter has gotten people talking again with her statement that she can not support McCain as a candidate for President and that she would support Hillary Clinton before John McCain. Here's Coulter speaking of Hillary Clinton. "Moreover, she lies less than John McCain, she's smarter than John McCain, so that when she's conciously lying, at least the Clintons know they've been caught lying. McCain is so stupid, he doesn't even know he's been caught!" What do you think of all of this? What would you do in a Hillary vs Clinton election? If you are a Hillary supporter anyway, what are your comments? How about you McCain supporters?
Good Morning RedYellowBlackDog :))) As much as I am curious and would like to see how a woman in office would run and handle the country's affairs, I do not think Hillary Clinton is the woman for the job. Do not get me wrong I respect the work she has done as a politician and senator, her ideas for our government are sound politics, I just do not think that given her marriage to former president Clinton, that America is ready to fully embrace her. She is being scrutinized far to harshly. Personally I did not give a rats a$$ who was on the end of Bill Clinton's billy, as long as he was doing the job. We Americans are so hypocritical, whats okay for one is mortal sin for another. I believe even if she were to be elected, she would be mired and hampered in doing her job, by our own scouring. She would be held to unreasonable, and extraordinary codes of conduct and living. "The bad news for the former first lady is she is also seen as the candidate most likely to “do anything - including something unethical - to win,” and most likely to embarrass the country." How could she ever unhamper the bounds and constraints that bind her to ever run the country and carry out the duties of the office. I have to agree with Coulter John McCain is very stupid. In fact he is so dumb its just comical to watch him make such a fool of himself.
Well, hopefully John McCain will not get the nomination. If he does, it says a lot about the American voter. Thanks, for the well thought out response.
@ladyluna (7004)
Hello Red, I heard Ann Coulter utter those now infamous words. As an aside, I thought that Alan Colmes was going to wet his pants from laughing so hard! My first impression was that she was relying on her mainstay tool of 'shock' to emphasize her message. My impression has not changed. I am not a Coulter fan, never have been, and most likely never will be. I don't care for her vexatious style. Having said that, I definitely agree with her -- to a point. I believe that Hillary probably is more intelligent than McCain. After all, McCain finished 5th from the bottom of his class at Annapolis. His use of profanity seems to indicate that his command of the English language is such that he cannot find acceptable synonyms. And, he doesn't seem to realize that it's unwise to bite the hand that feeds you. The last is perhaps most troubling! As for the lying -- well come on. How could McCain, or anyone be expected to compete with the Clinton's in that regard? They have literally re-wallpapered the political scene with ways and means of backpeddling out of any statement. Case in point: Bill: "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is." –Bill Clinton, during his 1998 grand jury testimony on the Monica Lewinsky affair "It depends on how you define alone…" –Bill Clinton, in his grand jury testimony "There were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were." –Bill Clinton, in his grand jury testimony." http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/quotethis/a/clintonquotes.htm Case in point Hillary: "I have no recollection." "I do not remember..." "I didn't know about it." Nobody could be expected to top those! Yet, we're supposed to believe that she is the smartest woman on the planet. Hmmmm, there seems to be a bit of incongruity there. But, who am I to point fingers. I take my Ginko everyday, so that my memory is sharp and reliable. All joking aside, where I do agree with Coulter is that I will not pull the lever for McCain either!!! I could not do so in good conscience. I would never knowingly vote for a 'turncoat' who believes that he deserves the Presidency. That's wayyyyyyy toooooo much arrogance for my taste. Not surprisingly, this is also part of the reason why I would never vote for Hillary. The Office of the Presidency is already a tough enough position, without the presiding executive being straddled with that much ego and arrogance. It would definitely impeed one's ability to make reasoned, wise decisions ... in my humble opinion, anyway.
I'm familar with the Clinton quotes you mention. They are all true and just barely begin to scrape the surface of the pile of reasons they are not fit to be President, either of them. John McCain, I agree, is no prize, either. This could become the election where third parties receive more votes than ever before.
@ladyluna (7004)
Right again, Red! If McCain wins the G.O.P. nomination, then I will be monitoring the Constitution Party's nominating convention in April '08 VERY closely. I had already planned on doing so, to see if Ron Paul was considering a party switch. Though, I'm inclined to believe that he won't. And, if he doesn't, then I would suggest that Romney approach them. If the members of the Republican Party are willing to sacrifice the party, by placing it on the chopping block for the sake of perceived electability, then I say "Give 'em what they want!". The Constitution Party has been salivating for an opportunity like this election season for some time. Of course, they're not alone. The Green, Libertarian, and Independent Parties are just as excited. And, if Nader does run "Green" again, which he's been hinting at, then I think we'll finally see the third parties take on substance. Ross Perot breathed life into the alternative party movement. Now may just be the right time for them to emerge into greater prominence. Who knows, eh?
I always viewed George Wallace as the father of modern day independent candidates. He still is the only one to ever have won any votes in the electoral college. If Breamer(?) had not shot him, who knows how far he might have gone? That said, the Constitution party makes a lot of sense. However, imagine it, that advocating strict adherence to the constitution makes you stand out in regards to the other parties. That in itself speaks volumes about the other parties.
@gewcew23 (8011)
There is not difference between a Liberal Democrat and a Liberal Republican, a Liberal is a Liberal. Former Senator Linclon Chaffe might have run as a Republican but he was Left of some Democrats. John McCain would sellout the Republican party for 15 more minutes of fame in a heart beat. Just look at McCain/Kennedy, or McCain/Feingold, or McCain/Lieberman, BOY those where some great peices of conservative legislation. Does anyone besides me remember back in the 2004 election when Kerry offered McCain the job as V.P. Remember the response McCain gave, while if you do not I will refresh you memory. McCain said that he would have to think about it, and then it took them three weeks to get back with an answer of no thank you. Now just to respond to Ann Coulter I will not vote for Hillary, but I will not vote for McCain. I will be looking for a thrid party candidate if it comes to that.
I understand your difficulty. If it comes down to Hillary vs McCain, I'm considering a protest run using myLot as my vehical. I would run with all populist/conservative positions. eg. Put all legislators on Social Security as their only plan for retirement, Balance the budget by reducing the salary of federal employees, and etc. These and many others would be extremely popular with the public but no politician will propose them. If I could get even 1% of the vote it could cause some politican with a chance to win to someday adapt some of my recomendations.
@anniepa (27251)
"I would run with all populist/conservative positions." Is that an oxymoron or what! Populist and conservative do not go together. Annie
Populist and conservative positions do not have to be at odds with each other. For example, balancing the federal budget by reducing the pay and numbers of federal employees is both conservative and populist. Putting all federal employees on social security while eliminating their special retirement program is both populist and conservative. I could go on and on, but it would be a waste of everyone's time.
I saw that on H & C and am so happy that there is someone out there that speaks honestly! She is just about as conservative as they come and going with Clinton over a republican says a lot ! I still hold out hope for a Romney vs. Obama race in the end. While I admire John McCain for his past service to our country and his heroic gesture not leaving the pow camp prior to some of his other pow's that have been there longer. I think he is worn out and tired looking, and seriously not the strong presidential type we need to bring this country out of the third world tunnel it is falling into.
I think you understand what Coulter was trying to say.
Yes, I believe I do understand. She has a strong opinion and I agree with her most of the time. It is so frustrating when people mis-interpret what is being debated on those shout shows. I just shake my head and pray for the best outcome.
@Destiny007 (5820)
I don't support Clinton or McCain, but at least Clinton is honest enough to admit to being liberal and a Demonrat wheras McCain is a liberal who is trying to pass himself off as a conservative. If either of those two win then we are pretty well screwed. Romney is an unknown element because his political beliefs are inconsistent, so there is no telling what he would do. I think were pretty well screwed anyway. We could sure use another Reagen right now.
There will never be another Reagan. I realized that when the NAFTA debate was going on. Support was sought from all the still alive former Presidents. Reagan was the only one to not back it. Reagan was the only one to oppose NAFTA. Unfortunately, he longer had any power. Given how the current crop of politicians all love NAFTA there is not likely to be a Reagan among them.
They all love NAFTA because I am sure they hold shares or stock in those large companies, its all about making money, keeping the rich richer thats what it always comes back to.
I am an independant so I have no affiliation to either dems or republicans. With that said I have to disagree with Coulter as I think she is loud and sort of stretches things a bit. McCain I feel is the most honest out of all of them, and that is a bit of a stretch itself because anyone who knows anything about politics knows they all lie or twist words to their advantage, all of them. If it was mccain vs hillary I would vote for mccain, hillary talks out of both sides of her mouth and her mind changes with whatever the way the wind is blowing that day. Plain and simple I dont trus her. The other thing that really bothers me about her, is alot of her supporters are from middle to lower class people, and I wonder how many of them are aware that her so called health insurance plan means that all americans will be required to purchase health insurance whether they can afford it or not. I think it is fine to have all americans insured and all americans have to pay something, even if it is just 5 dollars, however they need to make health insurance more affordable first and better coverage. I personally refuse to pay all that money and then the company gets to pick and choose who I see and what care I can get. I wonder how many shares she owns in major health insurance companies, please. Since I am on a roll here, why is it that health insurance companies are allowed to charge such ridiculous amounts of money and then refuse care, what a racket that is. Please dont tell me they lose money every time they make a claim, because they make agreements with doctors and hospitals prices that are pre agreed on and that is what they pay. I saw a report last june on how much these poor health insurance companies made after they paid all their bills, they still made a profit of millions. Like i said what a racket.
You ought to find a good article on the injustice of the insurance industry and start a thread on that. It would be interesting and I'd sure try to pariticipate.
@Adoniah (7515)
Thanks for throwing your hat in the ring Red! I finally have a candidate to vote for! I had given up on voting this year. We're really going to have to hustle though to get the word out. You've missed all the debates which is a good thing. But we'll have to get you as a write in you know. I know a really good campaign manager that might be willing to help you out. Shalom~Adoniah
@EvanHunter (4028)
Can one person actually change that many peoples minds on who they vote for? Maybe its a bit fascist of me but I would probly vote for McCain over Hilary for the simple fact that he is a veteran and was a pow. But than again I worry about things like Manchurian Candidate, maybe I worry too much! I also have to wonder about the interview he was giving and good old vp Richard (couldnt use the other name it violates mylots terms) called him and he stopped the interview and never finished, could that have been shut up if you ever want to see the white house deal. Ok so what it really boils down to is who is McCain going to pick as his running mate because I dont see him making it through two terms at his age but who knows. In the end arent we really going to be choosing from sell out A or B? Seems that anyone who wants real change (Ron Paul for example) doesnt get the backing or money thats required to be taken seriously for a candidate. I would write how to solve that problem (mainly to do with lobbiest and how to deal with them) but I am sure I might end up with some federal agents on my door step. This may be the year I dont vote at all.
Many people could yet decide to not vote.
@jtr115 (724)
I'm not a fan of either Clinton or McCain (or Ann Coulter,) but if I had to pick between only the two, I'd go with Clinton. It's a shame that politics today are less about candidates offering solutions and more about attacking their opponents. For the record, I supported McCain in the 2000 GOP primary.
In a general election I think Hillary would beat McCain.
@Smith2028 (797)
I have never, nor will I ever support John McCain, however, I would vote for him in a head-to-head vote vs Hillary Clinton. I believe McCain is too fickle, too arrogant and too much full of himself. I do agree with Ann Coulter *disclaimer I normally do so you should read this as yes I am a conservative*
@max1950 (2313)
as absurd as ann coulter can get sometimes i like the woman. she's in the business of ruffleing feathers to sell her book's which seem to make the best sellers list so with that in mind i think what she say's people take with a grain of salt.she does make a good guest on o'reilly though they compliment each other.
@jbl1975 (374)
What blows my mind the most about what Coultergeist said is that this is the same person who once said "Most Republicans are bad, but no Democrat is good." NOW she's propping up a Democrat...and a rather LIBERAL one at that. I wonder what she has had to say about Ron Paul, who I am still supporting even though it doesn't look as though he'll get the nod.
@anniepa (27251)
What's scary about this situation is some people will hear that and will immediately switch their vote to McCain thinking if Ann Coulter dislikes him he must be OK. In a Hillary vs McCain election it's not contest, Hillary gets my vote for sure. Annie
So, you and Annie Coulter agree on Hillary! Who'd ever thought you two would agree on something?
@anniepa (27251)
Hey! If she and I ever really agreed on anything I'd go throw myself off the bridge. She's a disgrace to the human race, in my humble opinion...lol By the way, I had the name first and I spell mind different. Annie